Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

INPUT on rut movement! need reviews

Iowagiants90

is anyone seeing any rut movement this past week or even more recent like today! going to be hunting second gun wondering if i will be seeing any rut movement! thanks matt!

Most does have been bred by this time, some fawns may still be open. I'm sure if you are in a high density deer area you may witness some activity. However, after 1st season shotgun most deer are in survival mode and not interested in anything else.

Very little rut movement 2nd gun. More food obviously. If there's any rut action, you might as well be by the food anyways- be where the deer are rutting or not.

Wouldn't surprise me if you saw some rut action. I'm pretty sure I rattled in my buck that I shot on Sunday. He came right up to my stand at 1030am, he was just walking, he wasn't pushed or anything.

My dad's buddy shot a 146 5/8 8 point that was dogging a doe hard with 4 other bucks this morning on our farm at 9:30. Been hearing lots of reports of big bucks dogging the small does. The best week on our farm was the couple days just before shotgun. Bucks chasing the small does all over.

No Matt, I think all the does in Monona cty are bred, but I heard there are alot of open does still coming in around Harrison county:rolleyes:

Top Bottom