Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

instructions on hang on tree stands

if it were me i'd build them out of iron rather than wood. and with that said you can usually pick up quality treestands at the end of the year for just as cheap as getting the materials and making them yourself.

I agree with muddy here. For all the work you have to put into them, you might just as well spend the 40 bucks on a cheapo' alluminum stand. Hell of a lot lighter also!!!!!!!!
CRITR

My dad used to make stands that looked kind of like loc ons, out of aluminum and plywood, we still have 8 or 10 of them around and they are still the ones that i use today, those cheap steel stands I cant stand to hunt out of, they always seem to start to squeak and dont fit on the tree worth a darn near the bottom without a strap. The only problem with the wood ones are you have to replace the plywood every few years, but whats loosening a couple bolts anyways lol
smile.gif
as far as plans I dont know, cost effective, I dont know lol but they do work and are fairly light, and fold up nice.
smile.gif

my uncle basically just looks at a design that he has bought and made his own version of the stand. guess it depends how much you can pick up the material for and if you are a good welder.

Top Bottom