Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Inventory of Photos??

petherss

Has anyone ever had a few 'spare' minutes and jotted down the dates when they've got the most trail pics of bucks? I was curious the other day and went thru my inventory of pics. These are counts from the past 3 years (up to today). I was actually surprised at the results. They seemed to be most active one week earlier than I would have thought....

Oct 1-7= 3
Oct 8-15= 7
Oct 16-23 = 28
Oct 24-31 = 14
Nov 1-8= 5

BC

you oughta keep a log for several years and see if you can find some kind of trend.....
imagine that kind of data.....
things would die!!!!

I'm thinking that maybe those numbers are a little deceiving. We all know that the last week of Oct and first of November are pretty much primetime. Maybe my buck pics trail off then because bucks are on the move and not stopping for much-let alone to get their pic taken?? But I thought it was interesting that actually the 3rd week of October, the bucks are on their feet (in daylight-not sure)and cruising. Experience tells me they are on their feet and chasing in the next two weeks though. Man, cameras are fun!

It would really depend on the area and where exactly the cameras where set. This is fun to do on scrapes, not just random photos of buck movement.

You can tell that things are rapidly changing right now as the bucks are really starting to seek out their Fall rut areas.

Top Bottom