Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Bowhunters Association

I'm glad attendance has increased. Just out of curiosity could you post attendance numbers? I'm really curious to know what the difference in attendance is between last year and say ten years ago.

I see they are forecasting snow for saturday, hope that doesn't hurt actual attendance. I think moving it to a later timeslot, say early April, would help avoid weather and then you could really push ticket sales at the deer classic and still have time to get a head count for catering.

Has anyone approached the Drurys about speaking at a banquet in the future. I know they have had discussions with the DNR and found the Web videos interesting. I think they would be good speakers. Are they IBA members?

I remember years back I would see Pat Reeve, the Lakoskys etc at the banquets but haven't seen any if the "celebreties" attending in recent years.

We couldn't afford the "big celebrities" without doubling or maybe even redoubling the cost of a banquet ticket. The cost of big celebrities skyrocketed about the same time as Outdoor channel etc. became popular. We made a conscious effort to keep the IBA banquet affordable.

Banquet dates have been kicked around a lot in past years. There are pros and cons to every date we could pick. There just doesn't seem to be a "perfect" date.

As far as snow on Saturday, I hope it keeps people away. I don't need bidding completion on the auction and raffle items I want;)

We couldn't afford the "big celebrities" without doubling or maybe even redoubling the cost of a banquet ticket. The cost of big celebrities skyrocketed about the same time as Outdoor channel etc. became popular. We made a conscious effort to keep the IBA banquet affordable.

Banquet dates have been kicked around a lot in past years. There are pros and cons to every date we could pick. There just doesn't seem to be a "perfect" date.

As far as snow on Saturday, I hope it keeps people away. I don't need bidding completion on the auction and raffle items I want;)

It's really sad that the people that are making their living off of deer hunting in Iowa aren't involved with the IBA and willing to give a small amount of time to give back.

I guess when you have thousands of acres under your control you don't care about what is going on around you. The state of the deer herd and our hunting opportunities have no impact on their deer factories.

It's really sad that the people that are making their living off of deer hunting in Iowa aren't involved with the IBA and willing to give a small amount of time to give back. I guess when you have thousands of acres under your control you don't care about what is going on around you. The state of the deer herd and our hunting opportunities have no impact on their deer factories.

X 2 they talk the talk but don't walk the walk

Can you imagine what the IBA Spring Banquet would be if ALL the Iowa based celebrities would be there? Not because they are paid, but just to show support and rub elbows with regular Iowa bowhunters? I doubt we could find a place big enough to hold the crowd. Why they don't show up is beyond me. Who would be offended that could affect their revenue or status? I know they are aware of the IBA. Can someone enlighten me? On the flip side, what does it say about us as Iowa bowhunters that we need these guys' appearance to fill a hall in support of the organization that is paramount in keeping it all together in this state? See some of you tomorrow night.

Fwiw although I cannot make the iba banquet tomorrow, I could care less if any "celebrity" is ever there. Now I would be interested in hearing from an expert in their field so I can learn and if that person is also celebrity to some, fine. But I don't get the allure of the "stars".

I'll stop there. :)

Ever just ask if they would come?

Fwiw although I cannot make the iba banquet tomorrow, I could care less if any "celebrity" is ever there. Now I would be interested in hearing from an expert in their field so I can learn and if that person is also celebrity to some, fine. But I don't get the allure of the "stars".

I'll stop there. :)

Wait for the IBA's announcement tomorrow night. See ya next year:D

Bonker I can't wait till tomorrow night lol!! Give us a hint please so I can start guessing.

Bonker I can't wait till tomorrow night lol!! Give us a hint please so I can start guessing.

Hint #1: US citizen. That narrows it down some.

I better get packed. It's going to be a long weekend so I made a packing check list. Check list: tooth brush CHECK, Bourbon CHECK, end of check list.

Wait for the IBA's announcement tomorrow night. See ya next year:D

I should amend my anti-celebrity statement with this important distinction...I would be interested in listening to Bonker! It's all the rest of those guys that I was referring to. Is it possible for you to feature yourself at the banquet next year? :D :D

I should amend my anti-celebrity statement with this important distinction...I would be interested in listening to Bonker! It's all the rest of those guys that I was referring to. Is it possible for you to feature yourself at the banquet next year? :D :D

Only if the topic was chocolate mousse, bourbon and tequil.

Bill Weinke is great to listen to

Met him a few times, pretty nice guy. It was at a track meet in Minnesota, but he didn't talk much about deer with me. Knew a few kids from Albia didn't even connect his daughter with him until the second day of the meet.

Top Bottom