Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Bowhunters!!

Crockett

PMA Member
I'm not getting paid for this! And I'm not a officer in this! But !!! Everybody reading this website knows what Iowa is about come October! BIG BUCKS!! Brother we got'em!! You know it ! I know it! The nation knows it!! We have one of the best bowhunting seasons in THE WORLD!! BAR NONE!! Here's my speel!! If you bowhunt in Iowa and enjoy what we have/What we offer!! Please support the Iowa Bowhunters ASS'N! What we have NOW!! is due to the people that have been there since back in the sixties! The names change! The cause does not!!!!!! Lotta of you are riding for free!! Shame on you!! If you are a bowhunter or a deer hunter in Iowa ! Thank them for their work ! $20.00 a year is pretty cheap price for long seasons and Big deer!! And I'm sure they except NR funds also!! Wake up people! The free ride will end one day!! OK! I'm off the box!!!!:D:D

Sorry, cant afford it...With non-resident licenses thru the roof and $50 preference points, I'm tapped out...

Sorry, cant afford it...With non-resident licenses thru the roof and $50 preference points, I'm tapped out...

I'm one of the guilty ones here.........I've let my membership lapse for over a year now, but after reading the above post you can be sure that my dues will be sent in tomorrow with an additional donation to cover certain non-residents that don't feel they can afford it. Thanks for the wake-up call.
CRITTER

bs_sign.gif

What we have NOW!! is due to the people that have been there since back in the sixties! The names change! The cause does not!!!!!!

One, if not THE best organized bowhunters associations in the country! Come to the 2010 Spring Banquet and you'll get a good taste of what the IBA is.

:way:

I moved to Iowa 3 yrs ago strictly for the bowhunting. I am a member of DU, SCI, NRA, Delta Waterfowl, but I dont know anything about the IBA. I love this forum and I will join at the drop of a hat, but I would love if someone could send me some info, I will check out the website, but would also like some literature if available. I would also love to attend the banquet to meet all of you fellow Iowa hunters. I apologize for freeloading to this point but promise that will change. Thanks and God Bless!

Why should I give my money to the organization who probably had a lot to do with the price of non-resident tags going up...

The state and community gets enough of my money when I finally do get to draw a tag...I'm not sending anymore...

Let them lobby to lower the cost of non-resident or sell more tags and I will donate...Until then, I sure there are enough residents to pay for my part...

Thanks

Why should I give my money to the organization who probably had a lot to do with the price of non-resident tags going up...
Thanks

Because they have about everything to do with why you want to come to our state and hunt our deer herd. All you see is the great bucks we have to offer and could care less as to why you are seeing them and who is partially responsible. You fail to see the lighter side of this great sport and this great state.

Because they have about everything to do with why you want to come to our state and hunt our deer herd. All you see is the great bucks we have to offer and could care less as to why you are seeing them and who is partially responsible. You fail to see the lighter side of this great sport and this great state.

Exactly!

Some people just don't get it. It seems simple to me.

The reason Iowa has the bucks we do is because of the way we've BEEN managing it, not because of the way we aught to.

We wouldn't have the quality hunting we do if they lowered non-res prices and upped the quota.... :thrwrck: duh

You are probably right...I fail to see the lighter side because I am on the outside looking in....

I don't think the IBA is responsible for Iowa having a great deer herd....

Heck, I don't even think you have an antler restriction...So where is the QDM?

The main reason the deer are so big is because the gun season is after the rut and not during....If you took Missouri and gave it the same season that Iowa has, you would see more big deer killed in Missouri every year...

I hunt property in Western Iowa and the landowner says the only problem he has with his property is gun hunters trespassing...I can guarantee you that 99% of them are the locals...

Take away the party hunting and let's see how many deer your great state will kill then...You will see numbers go down drastically...

I'm not trying to put a damper on things, I'm just stating a fact that resident hunters and Iowa hunting organizations are not looking out for non-residents...This is why I can find property fairly easy...

Landowners that don't hunt don't want residents on their property because the locals don't know where property lines are when it comes to party hunting...

So y'all just keep doing what you're doing and I'll get to come up every other year and get to hunt on property that all I have to do is ask permission to hunt on....

...This is why I can find property fairly easy...

So y'all just keep doing what you're doing and I'll get to come up every other year and get to hunt on property that all I have to do is ask permission to hunt on....

So why are you complaining? You get access easily and have quality deer to hunt. Seems pretty fair to me considering you don't live here.

I'm not complaining....I just stated a fact that I'm not supporting an organization that don't look out for my best interest...

If you look at the previous post, you'll see where one person said for the non-residents to join...

I just stated a fact that I'm not going to join....

The only thing I don't like is the price of the tags and having to wait to get a tag and having to pay an extra $100 to $150 just to get a tag...

I moved to Iowa 3 yrs ago strictly for the bowhunting. I am a member of DU, SCI, NRA, Delta Waterfowl, but I dont know anything about the IBA. I love this forum and I will join at the drop of a hat, but I would love if someone could send me some info, I will check out the website, but would also like some literature if available. I would also love to attend the banquet to meet all of you fellow Iowa hunters. I apologize for freeloading to this point but promise that will change. Thanks and God Bless!

Here is a link to the IBA's website. http://iowabowhunters.org/webstore/

This organization supports and promotes bow hunting and archery sports across the state. They have also become the leading legislative watchdog for issue that threaten Iowa deer hunting. They, I do not believe, have every pursued increases in fees to NRs. They have fought the keep the number of NR tags at a level that would prevent a runaway escalation in leasing or purchasing practices by Non Residences. Without these efforts the Iowa hunter numbers are threatened to fall to a level that would not allow the Iowa DNR the tool they need to manage our deer herd. The only option after that is private management, then the deer are no longer a public resource. Joint the IBA today and register at http://www.iowawhitetailsforever.com to fight for the future of Iowa deer hunting.

So y'all just keep doing what you're doing and I'll get to come up every other year and get to hunt on property that all I have to do is ask permission to hunt on

Bingo:grin:

I'm not complaining....I just stated a fact that I'm not supporting an organization that don't look out for my best interest...

If you look at the previous post, you'll see where one person said for the non-residents to join...

I just stated a fact that I'm not going to join....

The only thing I don't like is the price of the tags and having to wait to get a tag and having to pay an extra $100 to $150 just to get a tag...

I could not agree more about the crazy tag fee and point fees. Unfortunately the number of available NR tags is largely the reason thing in Iowa have been maintained at such a quality level. Lift those limits and you would see a negative slide, in short order, in regards to quality whitetail hunting in Iowa. The fight is on for NR hunters as much as it is for Iowa hunters. It is only the self serving few that continue to try and promote their distructive agenda.

Top Bottom