Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa CWD results?

R

River Rat

Has the DNR recieved any results from the deer sampled from shotgun season yet?

I talked to a friend of mine who also work's for the DNR and he said it will take 3 to 4 week's or maybe longer before they start getting result's back,he said they had good cooperation from hunter's on this project.
Sure hope everything comes back negative.
rolleyes.gif

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, ALLAMAKEE COUNTY SAMPLES STILL RESIDE IN A FREEZER IN ALLAMAKEE COUNTY----HMMMM WONDER IF THE FREEZER WILL DIE AGAIN SO NO RESULTS CAN BE PUBLISIZED--AGAIN. THIS WAS REPORTED TO ME BY A PRETTY CREDIBLE SOURCE INVOLVED IN THE SAMPLING. M 350 OUT.

Not sure about the shotgun samples but the State has already tested 200 samples with no positive results. I think these were road kills and early season deer but I'm not sure. Maggs.

the local DNR guy stopped by dad's before season and asked for a few heads from us. we gave him what we got but no responce yet

It could take up to 6 months to get the results back. A lot of samples have to be tested and they are going to the same lab. So it will take some time. The 200 or so done earlier were from roadkill this spring.

Samples are not suppose to be frozen so I don't know why they would be in a freezer in the first place. I live in the Eradication Zone of WI, own land over in NE Iowa and gave the DNR my sample this year. They were having a hard time getting them. I think they went around to hunting parties and started asking for samples because not enough people were not bringing them in.

Acrum - Do you now the Cardens up around Barnaveld? I turkey hunt woth them every spring. I work with Jason in Rockford.

No - I don't know them but I just moved there from Mt Horeb in November. Had my land there for 2 years prior to building. Good luck with the turkey hunt - results are out now - call the WI DNR and they will let you know what season you drew if your interested.

Top Bottom