Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Deer Classic

T

thegeneral

Kansan has a good idea. Many of us here at this site will be going to the deer classic in February. How about all of us wear nametags to include our "user names." it would be cool to put faces with all of these names.

maybe we could also arrange a dinner or something informal to coincide with the event.

just a couple of ideas. respond with your thoughts!

I left a message in the Iowa Deer Classic Forum about where I will be hanging out at and what's going on.

One thing we could do if you guys want is to meet somewhere for an "adult beverage" like Limb would say or just hang out and walk around together.

We have a month or so to plan, I am open to about anything, I just don't have a booth and table like usual. Maybe you guys could help me out next year and "man the booth" so I can get back in groove.

TLH, Founder

Tony, Limb Chicken,
Hey ! Say the word I would be in for the adult beverage.
Later,
BOWDUDE

Yea,
10-4 on the adult beverage. Let me know where and when and I will be there with bells on.

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

I'll be working there as well. We usually end up in the hotel lobby watering hole at the end of the day. Not sure which hotel it is this year, but it is always within the walkway so you wouldn't have to go outside. Sounds like a great idea! See you all there.

Crapballs, I won't be able to make the Classic since I'll still be on my honeymoon with the soon to be new wife. I planned the wedding between deer & turkey season but it still managed to get in the way of something! =) I tried to coincide the honeymoon with Hawaii's ever growing spring turkey season but that idea got shot down! You guys have a good time and have an adult beverage for me!

MW

Let's keep adding folks. Old Buck ya gonna make an appearence? Scout, 150, IADroptine, Blind Sow come on now if I am going to miss the eel pout festival at Leech Lake I need to meet some of you guys!

SAW, you still lurking?

Ogz, see ya there!

muddy, what, a night with a bunch of bowhunting hoodlems wouldn't be a great honeymoon gift? come on now...
wink.gif

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

TLH - Limb Chicken - All others. I'll be there, just not sure which day yet. Name the time and place for the adult beverage or to meet at the classic and I'll try to be there to meet yall.
grin.gif

Ogz,

The hotels that connect are the Marriott and the Savory, not sure which one has the pub you are referring to?

Limb,

That a way to keep things going!

I see the Hawks won the Midlands over the weekend, looks like Zadick went unbeaton.

All,

You guys are in-charge I ll just tag along.

TLH

Limb- You and Ogz can have one for me, then he can tell you about the muzzleloader buck I got and he scored. I posted the story the night I got him...I was a wee bit excited. Am working on getting the film back.

TLH - Hawkeye wrestling rules! I went to high school with the Juergens boys, they were awesome then!

TLH, I'm not sure which one we'll be staying at this year. They put us up in one and then the other the last two years. We usually migrate down to the one that we are staying in.

I'm thinking of taking my mount to the Deer Classic, should I have any fear of it being damaged in any way? I noticed in the pictures, alot of mounts laying around on the floor at last years classic and it kinda made me nervous. Also would you guys recommend having it officially scored there?

Sir,

The deer do sometimes lay on the floor when they forst arrive. They are handled by the MOST conscientious antler people in the state. The measurers that are invited are the most qualified group of measurers asembled anywhere. Members privileged to be invited include people who TEACH prospective measurers for Boone and Crockett and The Pope and Young Club. They have measured thousands of WHITETAILS and are the kind of people who will drive hundreds of miles to measure animals for successful hunters. In the area of measuring it just does not get any better than this bunch of guys.

Having worked in the antler scoring room myself, I can assure you that your mount would be handled with the utmost respect and care. They do on occasion sit on the floor, but always in a way that won't damage any of the mounts. Once scored, they are displayed on a wall, for all to view. Hunt Iowa is correct in stating that the men and women working in the scoring area area all antler addicts and treat every mount as if it were the world record.

Thanks for the info, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking mine to the show. I wonder how many of the deer we see on this site in the photo gallary will make it to the show?

I've got a couple of racks that aren't mounted in any way. Still have the hair and bone not on a plaque or anything, Would it be OK to bring those? Can I bring them in just to get them measured on that day? I can't be there to pick them up on Sunday.

Thanks

The 'Bonker

Bonker, yes to both questions. The more the merrier! Realize though that there is a fee for every rack scored.

Top Bottom