Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

iowa DNR wants to raise hunting/fishing fees......

haha, once again, how coud i forget?

". I HAVE NEVER tried to tell a state in which I wanted to hunt that I need some type of preference. They had their rules and regulations set before I put in my application and have not tried to step in and tell the residents that I DESERVE to hunt there any time I wish. "

did i forget taxpaying gives a say? "Taxation without representation is NOT representation." I'll be damned if I can't vocie my opinion because I'm not a resident. Paying TAXES to the state of Iowa is enough. Why sit here and take this IBA BS? The IBA IS an anti-NR group. "Friends of Landowners and Iowa sportsmen"-Sounds like a good group. Anything other than the radical IBA sounds good to me. Because I don't get on my knees for residents that don't own land doesn't mean I don't have to be a member of the Iowa Resident (Bowhunter) Assoc.

Bowmaker, where are you getting 27,000? I'm talking 12,000 either sex tags. Get your facts straight before you try to argue. That's like saying anyone who didn't vote for Obama is a KKK member. NR's tresspass? Seems the only problems at my farm are residents, and Hmongs, whom I've personally given the boot 5 times in 10 years.

Overall, I see the IBA as hostile, refusing to see any argument beside their won agenda. you can't argue with that. It's obvious. God forbid Iowa residents have to take loans out to buy land.

I usually do this once a year, when the anti-NR BS reaches a crescendo and I feel an opposing viewpoint to the IBA is needed; I would hate for you all to be agreeing with each other.

I feel the same way about the Wisconsin Bow Association and Wisconsin hunters and that is why I stay right here in Iowa to hunt! Change your screen name and start over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Overall, I see the IBA as hostile, refusing to see any argument beside their won agenda. you can't argue with that. It's obvious.</div></div>

As for hostile and refusing to see any argument besides their own, we ALL need to think about that one from time to time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I usually do this once a year, when the anti-NR BS reaches a crescendo and I feel an opposing viewpoint to the IBA is needed; I would hate for you all to be agreeing with each other. </div></div>

Welcome back and I appreciate the honesty this time too. What specific anti-NR BS are you referring too? This post started as one about the RESIDENT hunters getting a price increase for their licenses, not one about bashing NR hunters.

Anybody interested in joining the IBA? Click here for the IBA membership form.

KB, just to be sure you are on the same sheet of regulations, there are 6000 either sex tags in a lottery and there are another 3500 NR Antlerless tags available every year. A NR land owner is guaranteed an antlerless tag every year and theses do not come out of the regular NR antlerless quota. As I recall less than 50 NR landowner antlerless only tags were given out last year out of a possibility of how many? How many NR landowners really own land to hunt in Iowa if the definition of “hunt” is to enjoy the experience of the hunt and not kill a trophy buck? Oh yeah, there were NR antlerless tags that went unsold last year.

Taxation without representation? Give me a break. You have as much access to the legislators from the district your land is in as we do. You may not get to vote, but you can write letters, call, visit their offices and even donate to their political campaigns.

I also don’t like being called “hostile”, maybe we share a different definition of “hostile” but just because you don’t get what you want you call the group that stopped you “hostile”? I will say again, the IBA is PRO NR HUNTERS as long as the quota and procedures stay as they are. Come and enjoy our land, our people and our deer.

As long as a few NRs are so selfish and self absorbed to assume they have the privilege to hunt Iowa every year this debate will continue. Respect our laws and the purpose they are intended for. Nobody has the right to come into our ball park and change the ground rules because they don’t happen to like them.

I do agree though that the IBA just like FOI represent special interest groups. They just happen to be on opposite ends of the deer biology vs deer as a budgetary wind fall issue.

The ‘Bonker

Top Bottom