Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa fishing youth question

fastfreddy

Question: This weekend my father in law and my 2 boys (both under 16) are going fishing in Storm Lake for walleyes..i know the limit is 3 and you can not keep any fish between 17-22 inches.and only 1 over 22...But Can either one of my kids posess there own limit? Both adults will have a valid fishing license. Can someone chime in on this?

Thanks,

FF

Pretty sure to keep a limit that you need a license, and that if they don't have one, you have to share limits. If it were me I would just call the DNR for that county and find out from him.
Definition of “Limits”
“Daily bag limit” or “possession limit” is the number of fish permitted to be taken or held in a specified time by a license holder. Fish immediately released unharmed are not considered part of either limit

Not sure about Buena Vista but here in Woodbury County the officers let the kids have their own limit. But they need to catch their own and not have help. It would be best to call and verify.

That's news to me. One license equals one limit. 2 adults w/ paid license & 2 kids w/ no license equals 2 limits of fish.

I'm pretty sure a kid can have his/her own limit. There's a lot of kids that go fishing without a license holder.

Just an FYI, I did call the CO and he said as long as the child catches there own fish they get there own limit also!

FF

Just an FYI, I did call the CO and he said as long as the child catches there own fish they get there own limit also!

FF

Yep! This week I went with my girlfriend to her hunters ed class to help refresh on some of the things and they said it's the same for hunting anything also except for turkeys and deer which need a tag.. an un-licensed youth can also shoot and keep their own limit of pheasants, etc.. no different for fish..

Ok, how about this angle... I am running bank lines. We are allowed 5 hooks per licensed fisherman in my boat. Are my kids allowed to have 5 baited bank lines too?

yep just trout, but you can only have one kid with you per license what is a bunch of crap I have 3 kids and legally you can't even bring them all fishing at once!

Top Bottom