Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Grand Slam?

Shoot a 135"+deer
Catch a 4lb bass
Shoot a tom with a 10" beard
Take out a yote

That would be one heck of a day!!!

My spring iowa grand slam consists of shooting a turkey, picking morels and asparagus and catching some slab pan fish and eating them all in one meal on the same day.. now I'm excited!

My spring grand slam,camping season so....
1. Camping out
2. Grilled deer straps
3. Fresh crappies
4. Lotsa ice cold beer

Im with airassault except asparagus and pick up a shed can be switched out and the fish has to be either crappie or walleye!

1.Turkey
2.Mushroom
3.Shed antler
4.Walleye.

May 1st back in 2008! Missed a good Tom at 20yds right away in the morning while walking out I stumbled on a great shed and stopped to pick mushrooms to dull the pain of missing that easy bird. That night pops and I hammered walleyes out of the lake.
That would be my Iowa spring grand slam.

2m6ogaq.jpg

1.Turkey
2.Mushroom
3.Shed antler
4.Walleye.

May 1st back in 2008! Missed a good Tom at 20yds right away in the morning while walking out I stumbled on a great shed and stopped to pick mushrooms to dull the pain of missing that easy bird. That night pops and I hammered walleyes out of the lake.
That would be my Iowa spring grand slam.

2m6ogaq.jpg

Awesome!

I'm going for this starting in April! Is there a time limit to complete?
Otherwise I could fish all summer trying to finish it.

Awesome!

I'm going for this starting in April! Is there a time limit to complete?
Otherwise I could fish all summer trying to finish it.

I'd say a weeks time span would be legit, however, I should have completed it easily in one day! Haven't quiet had the chance since then to top it but come close. I've had many days catching crappies/walleyes picking shrooms and shooting turkeys.

Is there a minimum limit on the size of walleye to make the cut? Excited to see if I can get this done. Would have had it last year if I could have picked up a shed.

Years ago I was hunting spring turkeys in NE Iowa and I shot a real nice bird early one morning and found a shed walking out when I didn't even really know what they were yet, but I picked it up and kept it. I then went trout fishing in a nearby stream and landed 5 nice ones fairly quickly and it wasn't even noon yet.

Feeling pretty much like I should be writing for Outdoor Life or something I thought, "what the heck...", and went mushroom hunting...only I found none!! :D Slam ruined!! :D But still a fun day afield and very memorable many years later.

Is there a minimum limit on the size of walleye to make the cut? Excited to see if I can get this done. Would have had it last year if I could have picked up a shed.

The walleye in the picture went 29.5" but I'd say a "quality" fish would more than do for me again!

Top Bottom