Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa here i come

matchset

hey everyone, i'm new to this forum but bowhunting has been in my blood since I was 11ys old!

i thought i would post on here a few of my harvest photos.

it looks like my girlfriend and i are going to moving to Iowa soon. i'm excited to begin learning the land and hopefully getting a chance at some iowa giants.

Here is a picture of my dad with his Opening Day (Sept 15) Minnesota buck. it was a buck we knew very well, had numerous trail cam pics of him and dad smoked him on the very first morning of the season. he was traveling with 3 lil bucks and a doe back to bed.
new_zps573b0f93.jpg

my 2012 season was tough, i was away from our Minnesota hunting grounds for much of the season. i had an early miss that left my stomach in knots. i was able to seal the deal on November 12th. He wasn't my targeted buck but he was mature.
IMG_0323.jpg

here are my previous years bow harvests:

143''
IMG_0800.jpg

163''
IMG_0364.jpg

151''
CUDY0045.jpg

132''
S6300079.jpg

Those are some real nice deer, congrats! Any idea what part of the state you are looking at moving to? Good luck with your future Iowa hunts.

Maybe before you move you should make sure the ground you're leaving behind has someone to watch over it and keep the herd in check. Just so happens I'm looking for a new farm in MN for next season. :D

Maybe before you move you should make sure the ground you're leaving behind has someone to watch over it and keep the herd in check. Just so happens I'm looking for a new farm in MN for next season. :D

ha! i wish i had control of it, but i don't. i'm just lucky enough to hunt on it.

hope it works out for you matchset! now get ready to shoot 4 bucks in 2 years with a 165" average! i travel down to Des Moines to the classic the past few years and your in good company with the people of Iowa.

Top Bottom