Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa House OKs Crossbow Hunting

Just more regulation that will lead to more regulation that will lead to our deer herd becoming nothing special just like the other states. I support crossbows for the disabled but not for this.

Sligh1 said:
.... We are continually passing all sorts of new laws thinking Iowa's deer herd & the hunting here is broken....

It has nothing to do with your politicians thinking its broken. They could care less about that. It's all about the dollar and generating more revenue.

It has nothing to do with your politicians thinking its broken. They could care less about that. It's all about the dollar and generating more revenue.

Right. I want you all to look at some previous "top tier" states & look what the "money" has done to the laws & politics.... ILLINOIS - poster child for TREMENDOUS HUNTING before the political greed, financial greed, etc took over. Look at a 180 degree shift in the quality of that hunting (if you disagree, happy to discuss more) due almost entirely due to politicians & citizens short sighted on the almighty dollar. Kansas is following close behind.... All sorts of new laws, that if traced down to its roots, will really boil down to $. Let's not kid ourselves, we all know it'll always boil down to a financial issue (such as: license sales, manufacturers/businesses with interests, insurance company $'s, lobbyists, etc) BUT thankfully we at least have some forces fighting back. If politicians were fired tomorrow to never make another law in regards to deer hunting here- we'd be far better off than what I think the reality will be over the next 10 years. If there's a stupid & disastrous law that they could come up with- I'll bet you it'll be proposed within the next 10 years. They never cease to surprise anyone, thankfully they don't always win.

Sligh1 said:
Right. I want you all to look at some previous "top tier" states & look what the "money" has done to the laws & politics.... ILLINOIS - poster child for TREMENDOUS HUNTING before the political greed, financial greed, etc took over. Look at a 180 degree shift in the quality of that hunting (if you disagree, happy to discuss more) due almost entirely due to politicians & citizens short sighted on the almighty dollar. Kansas is following close behind.... All sorts of new laws, that if traced down to its roots, will really boil down to $. Let's not kid ourselves, we all know it'll always boil down to a financial issue (such as: license sales, manufacturers/businesses with interests, insurance company $'s, lobbyists, etc) BUT thankfully we at least have some forces fighting back. If politicians were fired tomorrow to never make another law in regards to deer hunting here- we'd be far better off than what I think the reality will be over the next 10 years. If there's a stupid & disastrous law that they could come up with- I'll bet you it'll be proposed within the next 10 years. They never cease to surprise anyone, thankfully they don't always win.

Sligh

Yep money makes decisions instead of sound wildlife management by the DNR. It's a nasty reality because really Iowa is the last state putting up a fight against exploiting whitetails. Unfortunately I see things continuing down the wrong path and adverse effects from it.

Top Bottom