Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Iowa State

JakeWym

Arrow Chucker
So who wins it this year?
HouseDivided.jpg

I'm a Hawk fan but neither team is playing complete games and if one of them can figure out how to play a couple quarters they will survive. I'll say or at least hope Iowa by 3, oh wait they can't kick!

I'm a Hawk fan but neither team is playing complete games and if one of them can figure out how to play a couple quarters they will survive. I'll say or at least hope Iowa by 3, oh wait they can't kick!

Good one! :D I'll say this...if Iowa cannot run it against ISU, then that is not good. The Hawks should be able to run very successfully against the Clones, if so, they win big, if not, it's anybody's guess.

A tie! I'm going to my only football game of the year and was hoping for tank top/shorts weather. High of 62 Sat. means I may have to watch the game instead using my sunglasses to appreciate the scenery!!

I cheer on ISU when they are not playing the hawks- but this week each year the gloves are off!! GO HAWKS!!

10696457_801371673344_8382677755055819308_n.jpg

Ill be sulking in my cyclone garage

If I'm not helping a couple of friends pack out elk, I may very well drive up and sit with Gundog!

I always hold on to hope for my Clones, but I was also there during the Waldon years, so I know the drill from time to time. If the show up to play, they have a fighting chance.

GO CLONES!!

Just curious is most fans happy with the head coaches at these two schools?

First of all, go Cyclones! Ask me this question a week ago and I say Iowa by 3 touchdowns but after last weekend I think it will be close.

To answer your question. As long as Rhoads is in Ames we will never win more than 7 games. I think he is mostly talk. I'm sure he is fantastic at getting his players hyped up and motivational speaking. Do I want him gone? Not sure. Who could actually win at Iowa State? ISU will never become a football power, we will never win a national title. What we saw during the Seneca Wallace years will be the ceiling. I'm as big a Cyclone fan you will find and will be no matter how bad we are but I don't see Iowa State ever being able to compete at a high level in football. I hope they prove me wrong. Basketball is a different story, a final four/title in the next decade wouldn't shock me.

Just curious is most fans happy with the head coaches at these two schools?

Not sure on Iowa- I like the no huddle more this year- just need to use our TE's more

as far as ISU- great halftime speeches only go so far

At ISU - I think Paul Rhoads is a decent coach. I believe all the players stand behind him, and like playing for him. He has gotten better recruiting classes since pre Rhoads, which I believe is a real good indicator. I can't think of too many real major coaching blunders that he has made. No more than other coaches. With a new offensive coordinator, I'd be willing to let half of this year be "learning" of a different style of offense. Rhoads has put us in position to compete in some games with serious competition. But, in the end, just as half time speeches only go so far, so does player talent. I think he is a good fit for the organization, but in the end, even with Nick Saban at the helm at ISU, would we still be able to compete at the national level? I don't know that we would.

At Iowa - I hope they keep Ferentz ;)

Tough for both schools to recruit the caliber of kids it takes to compete at the top level consistently. Big 10 and 12 are in the same boat with a few teams having a bit better recruiting ability and have better teams. Go hawks

Iowa state 28 Iowa 17.

Though the hawks are 2-0 they haven't played anyone worth a hoot and they've squeaked by. Iowa state looked terrible in the opener but played exceptional against k state. Had there not been pi** poor officiating we should have won that game.

If the dline shows up and Richardson can not turn the ball over Iowa loses by 10++

Go state!!!

Last edited:
It is the team that shows up willing to die to win that game that will be the one that wins. I can see it going either way.

coaching isn't even a question. For those who don't agree, look in the mirror and ask yourself where either program would be without either coach.

Iowa has routinely put players in the NFL under Captain Kirk, not even a question on asking him to leave.

ISU, Rhoades may be a lot of talk, but who else are you going to get to move to (L)Ames to coach football that won't use it for a stepping stone like that piece of $hit Gene Cheesedork.

In order to be and stay competitive, programs must be established...recruits won't sign on to losing programs or pogo-stick programs that change coaches every 2-5yrs.

We live in Iowa, that we can even attract out of state talent amazes me. Further amazes me that everyone is so quick to call for the coaches heads when our teams play like crap...it can be a lot worse than where we're at. Who has the patience for back to back 2win seasons while a coach establishes himself??????

Full disclosure, ISU student from 1998-fall 2002...but an Iowa season ticket holder that whole time...I grew up on the right side of the state. That said, prepare for an ugly game and anyone's game. Squeamishly I say go hawks.

Top Bottom