Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IOWA MONSTER UPDATE

This is exactly why I keep all of my 200 inch kills on the down-low, always someone screaming foul! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I'd be curious of the final verdict and the true story from start to finish. I saw it there too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I totally get why some members keep their kills on the down low. </div></div>

Amen Brother!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I totally get why some members keep their kills on the down low.</div></div>

No kidding.

That is ridiculous that some people are so quick to label someone a poacher.

Jealousy is a bad deal, big bucks make people do crazy things sometimes, even if they are not the person that harvests the buck.

I don't have the full story for you all, but this deer was in my booth on Friday. I do some work for a few of the guys that were part of the hunting party and that is my sole connection to the deer. In an effort to keep my name out of the often quick mudslinging, I just validated a few facts. It was never confiscated by the DNR and essentially it's was in the possession of Chris's taxidermy until a day prior to the show. I'm not sure a full story is even necessary other than the deer was legitimately taken and is in the possession of the guy that took it, and that's coming from the DNR. Skip the scrutiny and wish the guy the best, because the odds of him shooting something any better are slim to none.

Well said...
thumbsup.gif

the kyle simmons buck was bigger and i never heard any bad rumors about that buck. it doesn't happen to every buck that goes public.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dominator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the kyle simmons buck was bigger and i never heard any bad rumors about that buck. it doesn't happen to every buck that goes public. </div></div>

It all depends on "Who else" was hunting the buck.

Yeah, and there were things said about the Simmons buck...As Skully said, it depends on who else was, because some people get jealous, and if they cant have it, dont want anyone to...just my 2 cents
Also, a lot of people like to stir the pot with askin about it, and when they ask questions, have to come up with a story just to get it going.
again just my 2 cents, dont wanna start anything...

Personally, I can't wait for the conspiracys and stories to circulate once the Watters Buck is shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Personally, I can't wait for the conspiracys and stories to circulate once the Watters Buck is shot.</div></div>

Yeah, talk about a closet full of character flaws to go after there /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif - J/K Muddster.

I'll tell you, I'd much rather shoot a giant with a BOW. There's generally LESS contraversy, you can see the broadhead hole to prove it was with a bow AND it's so much harder to poach or do WRONG with a bow. Not like someone can EASILY spot light and shoot one with a bow OR get a group of guys together and push a piece you snuck on with a bow. Not saying WRONG doesn't happen with a bow BUT it's much more cut and dry & less frequent.

Shotgun hunting has so much more poaching, tresspassing and trouble associated with it. In general, shotgun season brings out most of the YAHOO's and problems.

(these are just general thoughts about bow/gun) I am just thankful I am a BOW HUNTER. If I shoot a GIANT with my bow, the 1st thing I'll do is call my local DNR officer.

Well put sligh1. I feel that gun hunting really just puts a bad image on hunting in general. In my town, the "yahoos" grab there guns and just start shooting at everything and anything. Bullets hitting houses, shooting livestock, etc all puts a bad look on hunting. This is where the groups jump on our backs and make acusations on hunting. The man shot a world class buck, and right away people jump on his back saying that this buck had to be shot illegally. It is society I feel that does this and it is unfortunate that hunters have to deal with the after maths of everyone 2 cents worth. The irony is that this is my 2 cents worth also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I can't wait for the conspiracys and stories to circulate once the Watters Buck is shot. </div></div>

I already have some rumors to tag that buck with. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Let's just be honest here. A buck taken with a bow vs. a buck taken by a party hunter. Which is more of an accomplishment? I wish the state could ban party hunting, but that makes me a commie leftist, so I'd at least like them to make taking an antlered buck off limits to party hunters. Where is the challenge in having 10 guys push a section? Furthermore, there is still some chatter down here that this cat had crossed a fence, or someone in his party had. I don't care if he didn't, if people in his party pushed the deer off someone else's land, then that's shameful. At the same time if people are making this crap up, that's even more shameful.

Sounds like it was legit since the DNR did not take it. Congrats to him and it is a shame, but anyone that harvests a giant, almost needs to call the local CO and have them verify the kill right there.

Top Bottom