Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa State University Pheasants Forever Banquet

DannyBoy

Hi my name is Danny Simcox and I currently am a student at Iowa State University studying Animal Ecology and also hold an office in ISU's Pheasants Forever chapter, the nation's only university chapter and voted by PF as one of the top 25 most important chapters in the nation.
It may seem weird of me to post this here but I figure our main goal is to improve habitat, which is beneficial to both pheasants and other small game, as well as deer. I would like to let all of you know that we have a banquet coming up on Saturday, Feb. 2nd, starting at 5:00 at the Quality Inn and Suites, 13th St. Ames, Iowa. Admission is $45 which includes a year membership or extension of current membership and buffet, and for $30 you get a bottomless cup of beer and 30 general raffle tickets. A buffet dinner will be served at 7:00.
We have over 10 guns to raffle including a Benelli Super Black Eagle II and a couple nice T/C muzzleloaders, and a Matthews bow. We also have about 25 live auction items and a good lineup of silent auction items.
As a young chapter we have grown every year and last year we had over 140 people attend, but we are pushing for 200 this year so come help us out if you get a chance.
To get to Quality Inn take the 13th St. Exit off of I-35 and head west for about a mile. The hotel is on the north side of the road. Come help us out, in doing so you can only help yourselves.
For more information either send me a message, drop me an e-mail ([email protected]), or call me 515-710-0537. I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

Thank you, I think so also. We're pretty proud of what we've been able to accomplish, especially since chapters have been started at other universities but can't seem to catch on, would be great if they would though. We've been using our proceeds towards land acquisition and the ever-so-important Legislative Action Fund (supports the farm bill, crp, things of that nature) in recent years but certainly would like to be able to help more. With the grain prices being sky high Iowa is in VERY great danger of losing extremely valuable habitat. We've already lost enough to cover all of Dickinson Co. and it's only going to get worse. And whether people choose to believe it or not, our loss of crp WILL affect our deer populations as well as our bird and other small game populations. Pretty sad really that the gov't has created all these great programs, then underfunded all of them. Now these programs (CRP, etc.) budgets (already underfunded) are drastically being cut. Sorry to rant and rave but as an outdoor enthusiast, this is not what we want to see, especially in our state that has very little to begin with.

Top Bottom