Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa trail cam ?

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
(?) I usually leave a camera out in a remote spot or two after shed hunting so I don't disturb the area in August or Sept. Mainly just to get some good pictures, etc...

Do you guys usually use 8 or 16 gb cards if you are away for awhile, and do you set the photo sequence at one minute, or 5 minutes?

Since I have some 16G cards, that's what I use if I am going to put one out and just let it "soak". I also set it for 3 picture bursts about 30 seconds, or 1 minute, apart.

For that long of a soak I would recommend a 5 minute setting per picture. Card isn't the issue as much as burning up the batteries.

For that long of a soak I would recommend a 5 minute setting per picture. Card isn't the issue as much as burning up the batteries.

Depends on the camera in my experience...I am just now changing batteries on cams that have probably taken 40,000+ pics over the last year or so.

We do 16gb in all cams now. They cost about the same as an 8gb. If it was me I would still set it up for a 30 second trigger. As long as the wind doesn't set it off you should be good.

www.trailcamtrophies.com

Me too, with a 2 or 3 picture burst. I feel like you would miss too much with a 5 minute delay, especially when bucks are in bachelor groups all summer. Really just depends on what cameras you are using and how dependable they are.

The 5 minute delay probably misses quite a few pics I'm sure...I'm thinking of leaving this camera, from March to March...so???

Probably use a Bushnell which has good battery life. I bet I could get full year if I use 5 min delay...16 GB...and quality batteries.

This camera would be going in a thick bedding area.

There are cameras that take larger cards. Still would be a stretch from March to March in my opinion. That new Solarcam Spypoint is coming out with may be the ticket. They are claiming 1 year on a set of AA's don't know how many gig of card it will take. Maybe Tracer can answer that. https://whitetailscrossing.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom