Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Walking World Record......

H

hawkeye68

The Albia buck? You stand a better chance of finding Bin Laden in your tree stand... Correct me if I am wrong guys, but the sheds were not found this spring and he was last seen Fall 2000?

I know that a lot of discussion has been given on various forums regarding the large nontypical shot by Stan Potts on the Primetime 6 video........ however, I am more interested in the monster buck filmed in southern Iowa....... Man that buck is awesome! I honestly think I would not stand a chance at touching that deer with an arrow much over 10 yards..... my heart would be pounding out of my chest..... does anyone know anymore about this buck, etc. Just an amazing and fascinating animal..... I would love to just see something like that in the wild.......

I know a guy who hunts that area and rumor has it the buck was possibly wounded during the shotgun season and he has not heard any news since then. Would be nice to know if anyone can confirm any sightings after the first of the year.

I know a couple of people involved with this buck down in Albia. The story as I have heard it goes like something like this:

The buck was in fact hit during the second shotgunb season last year. They tracked the buck and kicked him up. He was never recovered that night. I have talked to a couple of different DNR officers about this part of the story and I have been told that this part of the story was true.

The next part of the story that I heard about has not yet been confirmed. I was told that later in the year a farmer down in Albia found the deer piled up in his field. As the story goes he is was negotiating with Cabelas for the rack.

Earlier this year I was down at Knight Rifles in Centerville and I talked to a couple of people down there and they said that the buck was still alive, so go figure. I heard the same thing as far as nobody finding the sheds from last year, and I would think that if someone found them you would have definitely have heard about it.

For what it's worth that is what I have heard about it. These guys also told me down in Centerville that the deer runs the draw behind the A & W in Albia.

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season.

T.D.

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE OUGHT TO SET UP VALET PARKING AT THE A & W THIS YEAR FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WILL BE ELBOW TO ELBOW. I'M GETTING A PICTURE IN MY MIND THAT LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE THE OPENING DAY OF TROUT SEASON.

Top Bottom