Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowawhitetail is a class act....

KANSAN

PMA Member
You know, this just doesn't get said enough on this forum, and I wanted to mention it again. The entire Iowawhitetail gang is a total class act. I've met some great friends through this site; Chris L., Chris E., Matt E., Matt W., Travis, Kent, and anyone I didn't mention, you guys are just awesome, and the site is great. There was a post over at another website talking about how Scent Lok's Whitetail Freaks will have a booth at the Classic this year - I took the time to blatantly plug the IW booth, and mentioned it will beat all other booths, hands down. Normal, everyday guys, who aren't "pros" or "celebs" shooting some of the biggest deer in the country. You guys, and this site are awesome! Thanks for letting me post, and be a part of all of it!! Let's get together at the Classic, and talk deer - I've got a couple big sheds I'm going to bring, too!! Kudo's to the IW gang, keep up the great work!!!

Amen! I'm new here and just breaking myself into the community but I'm enjoying every part of it. Thanks to everyone out there that has welcomed me as a PMA member.

Jody I feel the exact same way,the meat and potatoes of deer hunting so to speak.Just everyday guys sharing there hunting and outdoor experiences with each other.I have learned so much on this site,and made some darn nice friends.Hunting whitetails every fall is my whole life its what I wait and dream of everyday until its here.I really hope you get to come to the shed gathering this year to.Love to see some of your sheds.I go to the classic to .So maybe we can talk there.Iowawhitetail the best whitetail site out there.

I agree Jody. I snoop at some other sites but this is "home". Since I joined yrs ago, I have felt welcome even as an outsider, I know so many members are regular guys like myself who share the same passion as I. This is a place a guy can come, talk hunting, get tips, disagree, agree, and speak from the heart b/c out there in cyberspace, on the other end of the line.,.is someone who is a friend. Someone who shares in your trials and tribulations, enjoys your successes, and just....well hell, makes you proud to be a whitetail hunter. I've met tip-up, who posts rarely, he is a friend and I can't wait to see him again this yr b/c in our soul, we are so much the same.

I let saskbowhunter in on my piece of heaven here b/c I felt he was "worthy" of the ranks and shared the same passion as all of us. I tossed the shed gathering at him, one day my friends, I will pull into Iowa one hot August day and shake the hand of many guys that I feel like I've known all my life.

I agree with all that has been said already. I've met a few guys from the site, and spoke to a few others on the phone. Every one has been nothing but nice and in a couple instances a great help. I'm not a huge computer guy, but I can't get enough of this site.

Jody, I agree with you. I myself have been lurking and watching. The posters on this sight are amazing and very helpful to share with others who can only hope to learn from there experiences. Well said...

Only problem I have with this site is harvest envy /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif. I haven't been on here much lately, but I try to get my fix at least once a week. Not another site like it in my humble opinion.

I agree 100%. Ghost and I have discussed this before. If it weren't for this site alot of us wouldn't know each other or wouldn't have the chance to meet each other. I had met Kent once before I drove the 2 hours down to his house to film his boy during youth season this year. He treated me like I was family and in a way I kinda felt like I was. Critter lives 10 minutes away from me but I never knew him until I became a member of this site and to be honest I probably never would have met him if it weren't for IA Whitetail. Same goes with Muddy, JKratz, THA4, and all the rest that I have come to know thru the site. This website is top notch and I hope it stays that way. I've been saving up my spare change for that life membership because I predict I will still be visiting this site 10 years from now. Alright I've rambled enough- see you at the classic!!

When I go to the big cities DM, W/CF, CR, or IC I usually wear an IWT shirt. I can't count how many times I've been stopped by another IWT member. It's most fun when I go shopping with my wife. Me and whoever I'm talking to can spend the entire mall expenience talking deer. Kinda drives my wife nuts.....

Hands down the best site and the best members.

from the minute i get to work, to the time i shut my computer off, IowaWhitetail is up and i constantly hit refresh hoping to catch up on the latest. I have grown up as a CRAZY PASSIONATE bow hunter who always thought i was the wierd one....
my parents and siblings dont understand it, and in fact i dont think they want to understand it.
my wife Knows me for me, and loves me for that, but i still think she has a hard time grasping why i love the outdoors so much and why i devote so much energy to a single activity.

i appreciate all of you who are in the same boat as i am. that is one of the most attractive features of IW, im no longer the wierd one, or the over-devoted, completely obsessive whitetail/turkey hunting fanatic.

thank you to the community who has encouraged such commitment, thank you to those of you who hav taught me so much, and reminded me that there is always something to learn in this game!
thank you for letting me share my accomplishments, no matter what the size, and thanks for celebrating with me!!

i love reading Saskguy's stories of trials and tribulations as a hunter, i can relate to so much of it!

i love reading about Bonkers.......issues.....or whatever you call em.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

learning from the Whitetail Ghost himself......

bugging Limb as much as possible....

making fun of Andy......

and just conversing with what i consider the best web community in existence.

i too have made lots of great friends from the site, and i know if i start to list them, ill be a retard and forget someone....

can't wait for the Classic this year as i look forward to meeting more of you in person and also hanging out and catching up with many more of you!

good call Jody, sometimes we need a reminder like this!

Cheers IW!

This site is a slice of heaven!!! had my up's and down's but long story short 99% of you awsome guys ROCK!!!! thanks for your input and and HEART!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Central Iowa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jody, Thanks, and great post. Couldn't sum it up any better! </div></div>

It's all been said except the part about some of us risking our very own livlyhood to visit this site on a daily basis. I would surely be fired if my boss only knew how much of my 40 hour work week was spent on this site. Most days I leave work feeling guilty for all the screwing off I've done but when I think about all I've learned and all of the friends I've made here it makes a job and money seem so insignifigant, errr....wait, I need money to buy more hunting supplies! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Really though, where else do complete strangers offer so much to others with the same desires? I'm proud to be part of this group and hope to meet more of the members soon! "Cheers"!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moosehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I go to the big cities DM, W/CF, CR, or IC I usually wear an IWT shirt. I can't count how many times I've been stopped by another IWT member. It's most fun when I go shopping with my wife. Me and whoever I'm talking to can spend the entire mall expenience talking deer. Kinda drives my wife nuts.....

Hands down the best site and the best members. </div></div>

Happens to me also. I really enjoy talking to all of the guys I've met so far as well as all of you on this site that I haven't met yet!!!

For me this website is many things:

1) during season it is a steady input of patience and discipline when times are challenging my self-discipline and willingness to continue to hunt both hard and smart.

2) during the off-season it is a motivating force to get off my arse and express my opinions and concerns about the preservation of our hunting opportunities for future generations.

3) at anytime, it can be a source of laughter, fellowship, pride, insightful information, and shared knowledge from hunters that I may not know very well but respect immensely.

Thanks and hope to meet as many of you as possible in DSM this winter.

Top Bottom