Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IR Question

HUSKERBUCK

PMA Member
As I said in my other post I purchased a new Stealth Nomad IR trail camera. It worked great the first time out. The only problem that I had with it is that the pictures taken from about 7:00am-8:30am and also from about 7:30pm-9:00pm are washed out, and look like this...
548-2009_067.jpg

Now I am a novice at this, what is the problem? Am I wrong in assuming that during periods of lower light (dawn and dusk) the camera goes into the IR mode and the IR flash or what ever it is called is just too bright along with the natural light that is left? Is there anything I can do or is that just the way it's gonna be? Thanks for the help.

I had some pics like that too...

on my last card. Since it was only the second time I had that new cam out I wasn't really sure what was going on.

My theory is that since I had to move the cam to a different tree over my most active mineral site I neglected to point it north. It was looking more east and I thought I was getting too much direct sunlight on it.

I just set it back out this afternoon and was careful to make sure it was pointing north this time. If I have similar pics on this pull I am not sure what is going on.

My IR cam seems to phog up easily on a humid morning after a cool night. That doesn't look to be your problem, just thought I'd throw it out there.

I've had this happen to me when i had my camera placed in a very dark and shaded area..........tricks the camera to thiking that it's night time, and makes the IR go off during the daylight hours........especially on dark and over cast days in these areas

yea the IR is on when it is not supposed to be. my stealth cams all do this. also known as overexposure i believe. Just a problem I have learned to deal with, try to turn them to face north or south. East and west will get direct sunlight.

Huskerbuck and any of the other guys, wanted to see if you were having the same problem with your SC Nomad as I do. The settings time-out out after about 5 seconds and since I'm a bit slow on the draw, it's nearly impossiable to get them correct. Finally just left he time and date to default to whatever and guessed when the picture was taken. Also have the same whiteout problem, almost will make you go back to the old flash models. Tks

Top Bottom