Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Is burnet invasive?

turkeyriver

PMA Member
Seems I saw this mentioned in an earlier post but don't recall an answer. Had some seed given to me that is almost all burnet and before I plant some I need to know if I'm asking for trouble. Anybody know? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turkeyriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Seems I saw this mentioned in an earlier post but don't recall an answer. Had some seed given to me that is almost all burnet and before I plant some I need to know if I'm asking for trouble. Anybody know? Thanks </div></div>

I have never planted small burnett so I can't say for sure. I did some searching but couldn't find anything about it being invasive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fairly drought tolerant; full sunlight. Pink flowers bloom in the summer, adapted to many sites throughout the Intermountain Region with 12 inches or more of precipitation per year. Valuable food for wildlife in late winter and early spring.

The variety Delar is a hardy, evergreen perennial forb with a strong tap root. More drought tolerant than unimproved strains, surviving on sites with only 12 inches of annual precipitation. Delar is winter-hardy as well.
</div></div>

Delar Small Burnett

It didn't show up on the National Invasive Species Information Center list so I think your safe...but let us know how it does for you /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom