Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Is it worth it?

Gladiator

PMA Member
Just curious if you guys are still keeping trail cams out at this time of the year? And if you still have them out, is there another reason to it besides checking deer that have lost their antlers? I pulled mine during the sub-zero temps and thought about putting it back out...when do all of you pull your cameras for good until late summer?

Thanks for the input...

Keep mine out all year long. Just too much fun seeing whats out wandering around to not keep them out
grin.gif

MRH

I'll pull mine from mid march until the first of April......more less just to change out 9 volts, clean lenses, and make sure all is well then back out to check for turks and new antler growth.
grin.gif

I pull mine from antler drop until mushroom season has passed. Too many people in the timber then to suit me. I pulled them early this year due to the exteme cold. They'll take it but I got tired of trudging through snowdrifts and negative windchills.

If there was a 180 inch buck still carrying his horns in your woods would it be worth it to have his picture
grin.gif
We keep ours out till at least March
smile.gif

You also get some trophy nannys on film to!! Something to look forward to next year, a 200lb nanny, nothing better than that!!!!!!!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I pull mine from antler drop until mushroom season has passed. Too many people in the timber then to suit me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread had me thinking about running my cam constantly this year. I also came to the conclusion that the cam would be most vulnerable to theft during mushroom season. Of all the tresspassing that happens, I feel it peaks on my properties during mushroom hunting.
frown.gif
I thought I might be able to catch a few of them with digital images, but it is not worth the risk of losing a cam.

[ QUOTE ]
more less just to change out 9 volts, clean lenses, and make sure all is well

[/ QUOTE ]

Those 9 volts last all year Shredder?

TP mentioned 9 months or more...but he also mentioned shootin a mountain lion in a soybean field once...
bigshock.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Just curious how long they actually last
confused.gif

Heck I think I'll stick mine up in a tree during shroom season and see who's gettin em before me!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TP mentioned 9 months or more...but he also mentioned shootin a mountain lion in a soybean field once...
bigshock.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I had to go to that house just the other day. I had some flashbacks of grown men screaming like little girls and lots of gunfire.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dangit TP..you get to have ALL the fun!
cool.gif

Now about those batteries?
confused.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom