Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Isn't this a little late?

P

Patrick

I checked my trail camera today and was surprised to see this picture. Isn't this a little late for these young guys considering this picture was taken the 30th of October?

06_Late_Fawn_a.jpg

Digital camera? Maybe a picture didnt' get deleted earlier and is showing up now?

Boy that fawn in the middle sure is a runt. Doe has a new winter coat on too. She had better wean those little tykes quickly or she will be in a heap of trouble come winter time.

Just amazing she was bred around turkey season.

Would that be because there is too many does and the bucks don't breed them all in the fall? I am thinking you need to harvest more does, so you have a better buck/doe ratio...

WOW
shocked.gif
Those are some babies... Small.!
Im not wildlife bioligist but Ive read bucks will breed as long as they have antlers. A doe can be breed as long as she is in heat. So if she didnt get bred in Oct/Nov/Dec i spose you could get a jan/feb breeding.
My father and uncle saw a buck mount a doe in the end of March in 2003.

Dean

One of those might be 40 lbs of summer sausage at the most. I've never seen deer that small this time of year.

You would think that those fawns are going to have a hard time surviving this month (the rut) and then followed by the winter months. Interesting picture!

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about tender morsels!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing...but seriously thats very weird....

2 weeks ago, I had a good doe come in and was at 10 yds and I was getting ready to put the hurt to her and then all of a sudden here came a little one with spots. Couldn't bring myself to put the smack down on the girl.

Wow!!!
confused.gif

Let's say the fawns are three weeks old in the picture.

The doe would have been breed on March 20th.
blush.gif

Top Bottom