Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ISO Savage 212 Shotgun

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
I have six 12 guages and hunt deer with a 20.
3" 1oz remington buckhammers are full diameter and hit like a ton of bricks. Basically carrying an ultra light more accurate gun with the same energy as any 1 oz 12 guage slug.
Even the 7/8 oz lightfields drop them like a bad habit

A friend of mine got the 220 for his kids. Says it's the most accurate shotgun he's ever owned and is going to buy another one for himself.

I'm considering one, I like our browning silver slug guns but don't really need semi autos any more so it's a trade off for accuracy. But I guess I have just been taking my muzzleloader out lately anyway. Would a guy go with the 22 inch barrel or a 24?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about just buying a muzzleloader now, due to the fact I might not be in Iowa next year (South Dakota or Wyoming) and I can use it during their muzzleloader season and or bow season and stand a better chance. Sucks you have to wait a year in Wyoming for residence though, I wouldn't be able to get a tag until 2017 and I'd be a Junior in credits by that time. Dumb rules.

Hav we you checked ALL the regs? A lot of times states make an exception on residency for full time students.

Hav we you checked ALL the regs? A lot of times states make an exception on residency for full time students.

I called the help line, she told me I have to rent a place in Wyoming and wait a year to be a resident even though I'm going to school. I said "Technically wouldn't room and board be renting?" She told me "No, you can't do that. You have to rent a property." She kept asking me if I was going to go to school as in state or out of state. I'm like "I'll be paying out of state tuition, how can I pay in state tuition?" I don't think she understood what I was asking. Here in Iowa you can change your residency as a full time student and hunt the next season. Can't figure this stuff out.

A non-resident that is a full time student at an accredited college or university in Iowa that lives in Iowa while attending the school can hunt on a resident license. And yes, they keep their residency in their home state as well.

You can dual residency in Iowa as long as you are a full time student.

Is the savage 220 a 200 yard slug gun?

Yes it is a 200 yard gun. I do believe a bdc type scope would be best though.

I have mine zeroed at 150 yards and could hold on a deer to 175 and kill it. At 200 yards, I have to turn power down to 7 and use where crosshairs go from skinny to fat. I shot about a 2.5 inch group with a crap rest. Basically off corner of ATV, with gun laying on gun case.

I have 2 things going against me. 1 is I have high scope mounts for glasses that hurts trajectory and 2 I am only shooting 2 3/4 inch shells as I couldn't find the 3 inch at the time.

I now have 3 inch that is faster so we will see. On forums I am seeing guys kill them out to the 220-240 range with bdc type scopes.

It shoots better than my accura V2 but has more drop.

Yes it is a 200 yard gun. I do believe a bdc type scope would be best though. I have mine zeroed at 150 yards and could hold on a deer to 175 and kill it. At 200 yards, I have to turn power down to 7 and use where crosshairs go from skinny to fat. I shot about a 2.5 inch group with a crap rest. Basically off corner of ATV, with gun laying on gun case. I have 2 things going against me. 1 is I have high scope mounts for glasses that hurts trajectory and 2 I am only shooting 2 3/4 inch shells as I couldn't find the 3 inch at the time. I now have 3 inch that is faster so we will see. On forums I am seeing guys kill them out to the 220-240 range with bdc type scopes. It shoots better than my accura V2 but has more drop.

Thanks for the info would you go with a 22 or 24 inch barrel?

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom