Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It all came together this morning...(pics)

sw outdoor nut

After a rough start to the archery season it all came together this morning. I was hunting a draw w/3 fingers tapering off onto a creek shelf. I chose to hunt the shelf to be somewhat out of the wind. I seen a nice buck come in right after rattling about 7:30, but didn't present a shot. I seen deer movement all morning, mostly does beside the nice buck. About 8:30 I noticed a doe w/fawn feeding about 100 yards away. They made their way towards me about 8:45, the doe presented a nice 23 yard broadside shot and I double lunged her. I was excited to say the least, meat for the table. I sat down to regroup, said a prayer of thanks, and I start to hear grunting. It was a buck, a good one, coming up the trail. I drew back twice and held forever it seemed like, but no clear shot. The buck caught wind of the doe I shot and turned around toward her. I drew back the third time, a nervous and cold wreck at this point, took a deep breathe and left it fly about 28 yards out. He took 10 steps or so and fell over in front of me. It is my best buck to date and still can't believe it happened to me. 15 scoreable points and a lot of character. Enjoy the pics...
BowBuckNov08013.jpg

BowBuckNov08004.jpg

BowBuckNov080082.jpg

nice job! but you may want to consider carrying more bullets, if you are going to keep filling multiple tags on one sit /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

WOW!! What a great day!! The only thing that could have made it better is if Ed Mcman was at the base of your tree with a check, and helped you with the dragging!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Congrats!! Both great animals!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Tremendous buck and a great story!

The prayer of thanks got cut a little short, but I'm sure was resumed after the big boy went down! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a lot of character </div></div>

That he does! Congrats on a great hunt all the way around! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom