Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It's coming on big time, help!!

KANSAN

PMA Member
Okay guys. Here it is June 19 and I'm in full-blown deer mood. All I can think about is hanging stands and cold frosty mornings. Heck, I went out and shot my bow three times today. I need some serious help!!! Will it ever get here??

I feel ya! I've been glassing for several nights. Thankfully my stands are done cause it's too darn hot!

Now, the key is, when folks get in this mood, plan out how you'll take that energy and push through the season with it. Every season, all my buddies have all this excitement and energy- 6-7 days into hunting, they burn out and call it quits much earlier than they had planned. It's like clockwork every year.

Anyways, get yourself on the Dr. Phil show & get some therapy for your obsession :)

I am with you. Starting to have the same thoughts. Seeing more and more deer on their summer feeding patterns adn getting the itch real bad. Even starting to have dreams of hunting at night.

I'm in full-blown deer mood. All I can think about is hanging stands and cold frosty mornings.

You mean this doesnt start as soon as the last day of last season? Alright,I gotta admit me either, but like most the deer are not far from my mind at any given time. I was unemployed for about 6weeks a month ago. I have 5 stands hung, lanes trimmed, distances marked; Im not going back till Im ready to hunt. I gotta admit it was fricken awesome being out, no deerflys, VERY FEW mosquitos to deal with and all while in a T-shirt.

There are alot of afternoons as I wonder out to the truck with rod and tacklebox in hand that I would rather be carrying my bow and camo totebox.

My bowfishing rig has definitely been getting some use this summer. A big carp is as close as it gets to a big buck this time of year. It'll never be the same rush you get when the big boy walks into a shooting lane

You guys gotta be kidin! It is 93 today with a 76 degree due point. I sweat about every drop of water otta me today. I work outside. Frost and a strong cold front, are distant dreams. Alot of heat between now and then. At least Sept before I get the itch.

i started getting the bug today big time. buying trailcams online only fueled the fire. i can't wait to put them out and see what's growing!

Shoot your bow once next time, and then go fishing. I'm just as obsessed with fishing as I am hunting, so it works out real nice for me. When one slows down, the other picks up! Ask me to choose between the two and I'd probably literally have a meltdown, although cool frosty mornings would be AMAZING right now after 13 hours working outside in this ridiculous heat!

amen!

don t like this hot humid stuff! If I didn t have family ties here and the means to do it, I'd be postin from Idaho,Montana,Colorady or somewhere up north! 99 and 70% hunidity is not a liken my old 40 somethng body these days! :) BUT October / November is right around the corner!!!:grin:

Madness

I was walking through a local park with my family recently trying teach my daughter to ride her bike when i saw 3 muleys at 50 yards and 2 of them were nice bucks just starting their growth. that was the first time i actually got excited for this year's archery season here in AZ (begins August 21) and secretly hoped i didn't get called for a wildfire assignment at that time so i can make it out for part of the 3 week season. last week saw 2 more muleys in the distance during a training hike at that park and it really got my blood going. just too bad we can't hunt the park or the neighborhood behind the park b/c there's some nice muleys in there! shot my bow this weekend, again, finally, and now i'm going to start pouring over topo maps of the wilderness areas to figure out where to chase muleys through the Northern AZ mountains! and the best part is that my 5 year old daughter is begging me to take her with me!!

Top Bottom