Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It's Official

Terrific_tom

Well as of September 1st I am officially retired. After 29 1/2 years of doing the same job the company I worked for decided to close doors and file bankruptcy on Friday May 13th. The closing came as a total shock as the company was financially sound but filed for bankruptcy to avoid a judgement that they owed. I won't go into details but they could of stayed open as they are still operating 5 other companies. I drove Semi-truck delivering steel on a dedicated route in Northeast Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan. I won't miss the 60 hour work weeks or the snow and ice storms or drunk drivers. I will miss all the people that I interacted with, some of them have become close friends. I feel very fortunate to be able to retire at the age of 57 with good health. I now have time for hunting, fishing, golf, land improvements or what ever I decide to do, any day of the week.

sounds well deserved. Enjoy the fall! Like Cooter said, I have about 30 years left also :moon:

Congrats...enjoy the time. Sounds like you made the most of your time there, enjoying the relationships along the way.

Nice Tom, Good Luck with all your free time. I'm thinking you will be picking up a few more cameras to run. Congrats

My friend got laid off a couple years ago at about the same time. He probably had the most fun and best hunting season of his life. Good timing, right before hunting season. If you ever decided to get back into work, it SEEMS like truck driving has tons of jobs/opportunities. Enjoy the fall and I hope it's one of your best hunting seasons ever.

I retired a couple years ago and I've been sitting here thinking of all the bad things about retirement and if I come up with anything I'll let you know. But so far it's outstanding.
Congrats and enjoy yourself

Nice.. hope you enjoy it! 35 yrs til I hit 62.. of course I'm sure they'll prob raise the SS benefits to 70 by the time I get close.. that would be my luck

Well as of September 1st I am officially retired. After 29 1/2 years of doing the same job the company I worked for decided to close doors and file bankruptcy on Friday May 13th. The closing came as a total shock as the company was financially sound but filed for bankruptcy to avoid a judgement that they owed. I won't go into details but they could of stayed open as they are still operating 5 other companies. I drove Semi-truck delivering steel on a dedicated route in Northeast Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan. I won't miss the 60 hour work weeks or the snow and ice storms or drunk drivers. I will miss all the people that I interacted with, some of them have become close friends. I feel very fortunate to be able to retire at the age of 57 with good health. I now have time for hunting, fishing, golf, land improvements or what ever I decide to do, any day of the week.

God bless ya brother!!!!!!!!!!:way: You have reached what all of us working folk have strived for !!! :way::way::way: Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

You'll enjoy retirement if you keep busy. I have. Every year I take at least 4 hunting trips. While you're still young and healthy go for it.

Top Bottom