Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It's time....And my first big-boy encounter!

Scooonie

Oooo my goodness! 8:07am I hit the horns and throw out some grunts and within 2 mins here comes the largest whitetail I have every called in period! He is coming from a direction that I don't see deer normally come from and he was headed down-wind of my into the high Northwest wind! He begins to tend to a scrape and walks another 10 yards to where he is about 45-50 yards from me...He stops! Slight flinch stomps his foot, and you know rest of the story....He was easily 160+ and had all kinds of good stuff going on with himself. Let's just say he had me very shaken up after it was all said and done....

Yes, IT'S TIME! 845am and had a 135-140 come in chasing around a momma and her two fawns...this is a deer I've been watching for two years and I had an early encounter with, but would not give me a clean shot. They stayed just out of bow range I give them a little grunt and the only to react oddly was the very mature momma doe. She comes in within 25 yards checking on what's making the commotion, and since I had already filled my Warren County doe tag I was just hoping she would lead him my way...She got Just West of me and knew something wasn't right and they headed of in the opposite direction. Incredible morning, but my usual great NW wind didn't work to well for me on this morning. Ohhh oooo close! Does it get any better then this...I hope everyone else is having some luck!

Glad to hear it - thanks for the update. I might be taking my first morning off from work on Wed.

I had a great morning too....

at work!
AGHHHHHHH

no hunting for me this week, not till friday nite....

im going stir crazy!

It's definitely starting to heat up in the area where I'm hunting....A buddy of mine called me about 25 mins ago and told me he watched a nice 10 chasing a doe just out of bow range for about 5 mins and that he was fixed on her and he couldn't get him to come his way for nothing....

sounds like you had a great hunt /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif. All of these stories and encounters with big bucks are making me feel like a kid with no money lookin through a candy store window. Thats gonna change soon. Heading out to IA in 3 days and can't wait. Sounds like I timed my vacation right this year for a change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like I timed my vacation right this year for a change. </div></div>

I'd say you timed it about right /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowhuntr311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AHhhhh.
3more days of work. Then I got 9days.

Dean </div></div>

Taking advantage of that first week of November where there actually are no guns this year eh? Should be the best opportunity to see some real rut activity unlike years past when the guns are a week earlier. Good luck man!

Sounds like a sweet morning Scoonie!

I was dead wrong on going waterfowling this morning. Very few ducks and deer all over until 10am. I was on public ground and I saw two bucks with their heads to the ground following does. The bigger one would go high 140's. It's just a matter of time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot2Kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Taking advantage of that first week of November where there actually are no guns this year eh? </div></div>

Thats what Im banking on. Deer are really moving already. A short spotlighting trip last night produced 2decent 8pts fight just off of the road and several other decent bucks moving.

Top Bottom