Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It's time! I'm finally outta here, good luck!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Well folks, have a good season.... I am finally gonna get some good hunting time in!!! After the birth of my boy CHARLIE, it's been a non-existent season. ( & selling the old farm & buying new one- with all the work). I am FINALLY bailing and ready to have fun and hunt full steam. I am GONE, lock stock & barrels til the 20th. Fun, relaxation, good meals, hard hunting & mature bucks hopefully. This is a long period I await all year- time to GET AWAY!

Time to pace myself- been to this rodeo before & no matter the amount of enthusiasm & enjoyment- I know hunting is hard on the body & mind as fun as it is. This, personally, is full fledged enjoyment coming up! No computer, rare cell phone use, no work, just hunting & fun!
Got the Blackberry BUT probably just catch the rare updates from all on here. Best of luck, hope you all enjoy yourselves, get a crack at the buck you have been hoping for and hope you make some awesome memories! Look forward to seeing the "updates" here!

*My only 2 cent "encouragement"... Pace yourself... Hang in there through the ups & downs. These 2-3 weeks come once a year, it's here and gone before you know it. This time is meant to enjoy BUT it's as much of a mental game as anything. Be thankful we can take some weeks to just enjoy the sport we love. Have fun & hunt hard!

Go get 'em Skip....what's a guy gotta do to get my digits on that update list?? ;)

Wish you the best...take down a Goliath!

Goodluck man!! I am going nuts myself. I have only been out one day so far this year. Killed a doe to take the edge off but from Friday to Sunday it will be all day sits and from Tuesday till Sunday it will be on like donkey kong. Now I just have to refrain from shooting a 120 since I haven't seen a buck all year and I am sure the first one I see will look huge......Goodluck to all!!!!!!!!!

Great advise Skip, and good luck. Keep us posted when you have time. When was Charlie born? I missed that one. Not as hard to get away when they are little as when they are 2 or 3. You are just gonna have to get one of them backback thingys like I did and hang him on a tree step when your wife is working and you are in charge, they love it.

Good Luck!!!!! It's about to get silly!!! They have no choice!!!!!! :D 2 weeks of vaca starting Sat. myself! :way: What could go wrong?????????????????????????????????????????????????:thrwrck:

Good luck to all. I'm off for 9 days starting Saturday. I have only made it out one time this year and it was the first week of October. Been shooting some geese instead. The bow will be the primary weapon of choice starting Saturday though. I'm going to try to hunt at least morning or evening every day, probably both some days.

Well, off starting.... NOW :) Tonight will be the 1st!
Charlie is 7 months. he's a great little dude and dad's future hunting buddy! That's a great idea with the back-pack & treestep. I had bought one of those giant balloons (like "balloon boy" supposedly flew away in) and tying that to my stand, lil man can float around above me and let me know if he sees deer coming.
Just got COLD here, raining & snow possibly! Blind awaits! Even if I don't connect this season, I'm confident I'm gonna have a great time and I hope you all do the same, go get em!

Good luck Skip! I expect a text when he goes down!! Charlie will be with you before you know it.

Good luck Skip. Haven't been posting much myself, between traveling for work and spending the rest of the time in the woods I haven't had much time for the ol computer. Been one of the most unbelievable seasons I have seen in quite some time. I have passed on a couple that I would have never dreamed of, but...... bigger fish to fry :way: I can't wait to get back at it. Good luck and shoot straight!

Top Bottom