Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I've been noticing

Well, this is probably going to sound pretty corny, but you guys are the only hunting buddies I’ve got. My husband doesn’t even hunt. He always asks me if I saw anything and listens to my stories but it’s not the same as talking about hunting with other people who are as crazy about it as we are. So that’s why I like to see my hunting buds getting along. I do love all the discussions, and debates, and getting to read different opinions though. I just hope my favorite website stays a friendly place for everyone.
smile.gif

I’m getting a little emotional…
bawling.gif
I think its time…
19.gif

Now let’s all join hands and sing! (ok, ok. Just kidding…)
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Kat
Can I be the purple guy on the outside???????

I don't want to be the blue guy in the middle..........he looks a little nervous....
eek.gif

Mike, Since New Year's Eve was my 1st anniversary, I was preoccupied with 1st anniversary stuff.
grin.gif

So here it is! My 1000th post on the 1st Day of 2005!
laugh.gif

Happy New Year everyone!

I attempted to add my thoughts to this post a week or so ago, but just as I was finishing the post I was distracted away from my computer at work and a coworker came along and logged me off...deleting my post!
mad.gif

So, the thread looks to be dwindling down, but I'll jump in anyway. Most of you have read that I just joined this sight and will be moving back to the midwest this summer from Alaska. One of the first things I noticed about this forum from all the threads I've read is how polite everyone is. I religiously follow two Alaskan websites like this one and most of the time it is bickering, bashing, and people trying to prove how much they know..and it is ANNOYING! I've almost stopped following them because of the constant battles readers get into every day. There is definetely a much different tone on this forum and I can't help but think that it is that midwest mentality. I've had the opportunity to meet people from all over the world during my time in the Air Force and I can tell you that a person from the rural midwest stands out in a crowd because of their work ethic and pleasant attitude towards others. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to live outside of Iowa, you don't know how lucky you are to live in place like Iowa!!
smile.gif

So take a deep breath, look around you, and count yourselves lucky to live in the land of the monster whitetail and have a forum like this to share your thoughts and excitements with others just as obsessed as you! Only 271 days until opening day of Iowa bow season and I'll be joining you!
not_ripe.gif
icon_ban2.gif
yay.gif
beerchug.gif

Hey Shoot2Kill, Are you retiring from the Air Force? Just curious as my brother in law is in Feb. as well. Maggs

Maggs...no, I'm separating. I came in only to do something different after college. I never intended on staying in for 20. It's a different lifestyle for sure and coming to Alaska was the perfect kind of different I was looking for. It's not a lifestyle I want to continue for 15 more years though. I've only been in for 4 and half years. When I have them..I don't want my kids to grow up moving around all the time...and I have no interest in being stationed overseas where I can't HUNT!
grin.gif

I may try and get an Active Duty Guard position at a base in the midwest since the guard is a whole different ball game than straight active duty, but that is still up in the air.

Good viewpoint. My BIL is still single yet he is great with my kids. He will be behind the 8 ball to get his family started at 40 yoa. Thanks for your service! Maggs

Top Bottom