Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

jack hammers

DOR

Life Member
Has any one shot the new Wasp Jack Hammer expandables or any other expandable with good results. I don't want to start an arguement over fixed heads and expandables, but i would like to hear opinions from those of you who have shot both recently....Thanks in Advance Dor
smile.gif

I used 100 grn jak-hammers with XX78 2213 at 72lbs out of Q2 and Legacy with very good success on turkeys and have never had a problem. I also used a jak-hammer on my deer last year and the animal went 60 yards and fell over. I am going to try steel heads this year.

So I can't say I have had a lot of experience with them on deer but they are wicked nasty on the turks.
evil.gif

I used jak hammers a couple of years ago and have not one bad thing to say. Every deer I shot, the blades opened. As far as durability, I was able to kill 7 deer with the same arrow and broadhead in one year, all went down in sight. All I had to change was the blades. They are a bit pricey for only three heads but worth it in my opinion. I have since gone back to a fixed blade but not because of problems....

I shot rocket steelheads last year had shot through the buck I got and looked like new! They are stronger broadheads that spitfires. I also have shot spitfires, shot 3 deer with them and broke blades on three and bent the ferrule on 2 of them but got the deer everytime. I was not impressed with the strength of the head at all or the blades!! I will not shoot them again!! I have tried them on turkeys also and broke blades twice when I missed turkeys!! But one guy I hunt with all the time loves them, so each has they their own opinion, that's my 2 cents!

I have been wondering about them. I know a guy that got no penetration when hitting a big buck in the shoulder and saying never use them (his two cents).

They look nasty, but if you don't get a pass through they fall out. I like the idea of the arrow staying in and doing some more cutting action when they bang the arrow on brush. That and I have heard that angle shots can be questionable. My two cents.

Also usage for deer and turkeys. Have been thinking about using expandables on turkeys to try them out before I switch to deer.

Just a little hesitant to make the switch. Will keep checking this because I too would like input - good and bad.

i made the switch to mechanicles last year. i do not think i will ever go back to fixed blades, i never had a problem with fixed blades but let me tell you that the mecchanicles are devistating. i love the fadct that you do not have to resite your bow with them. i'm shooting 100gr. shockwave's they did the job for me on 3 ocations last year, i absolutely love them.

Top Bottom