Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jacket/outerwear

Shef24

I am looking to find a new jacket to wear during the colder parts of the archery season here in Iowa without having too much bulk. Right now I have a Scentlok Full Season jacket that I wear over my UnderArmour base layer, long sleeve t-shirt, fleece vest and a hooded sweatshirt. After last season I felt that this was too bulky and I was a little restricted in my arm movements when drawing the bow, so I am looking for something that will keep me warm without having to put on so many layers.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a jacket that can be used during the bow season?
Thanks

All I wear is a Cabelas Berber Fleece pull over with windshear. I wear a light sweatshirt under that and then underarmour. Not bulky at all and will keep you warm as can be for just about any temperature you will hit bowhunting before late season. I would say you can comfortably wear it down to around zero or so. I have the matching vest as well I will slip on if really cold. Very windproof and I believe that is key.

King of the Mountain Bowman jacket is the best I've found hands down! :way:
Holy cow, $387 on sale. By the description it does sound warm though. I am in the same boat but not sure about spending that much cash on just a jacket.

dedgeez, how many seasons would you say you get out of one jacket? Do you wear anything else under it?

I am a firm believer of the merino wool base layers. I had some UA and it didn't hold a candle to the merino wool stuff. Sorry...not sure what to tell you about the jacket but you won't need near the layering if you have merino wool base layer!

Addict, I am not easy on my stuff and I would say as long as I don't get fat :grin: I will have it for 10+ years. I own multiple KOM garments and they are all phenomenal, definitely get what you pay for! The Sitka fanatic suit is nice also, I purchased that last year, but it didn't fit quite right and was not even close in comfort to the KOM. (sold it)

Layering is key to staying warm and I put in quite a few all day sits throughout the season so my stuff has to work. Sounds like a commercial :eek:

On a cold november day I wear UA baselayer, Merino wool scent blocker shirt, a thin down vest like Sitka , and then another Cabelas berber windstopper vest over that. Then the coat. I hate having more than a couple of sleeves so I choose two vests to keep my core warm.

I have vertigo, It's similar to some of the sent blocker and very warm. It's not very bulky, well not bulky compared to my older clothes. The camo patern is nice as well imo.

OK...I'll be the El Cheapo in the group, but I've had several of these, and swear by them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clot...=SBC;MMcat104797080;cat104274180;cat104049180

Sorry for the long link...if I knew how to do it shorter I would. At any rate, it's a quality insulated jacked that is comfortable, quiet and warm down to reasonably normal temps through the first bow season. It is NOT waterproof, so I have rain gear for those kind of days, but for a cold crisp November morning, this is a great option and you'll have plenty of change from a $100 bill :way:

NWBuck

Top Bottom