Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jackhammers through netting

Full Quiver

I see this came up in another post...To all of you that shoot Jackhammers have you shot them through camo netting without them opening? I'm planning on sitting in the blind with my 3 1/2 year old and don't want to shot different broadheads just in the blind.
Thanks.

Matt,
I have done it and didn't notice any effect on the arrow flight. With that said, even when practicing shooting through it, I am not comfortable shooting through it with the jaks. Mental no doubt, I bought some montecs and the practice heads and use those when I am going to hunt out of a blind. My arrows hit in the same place when shooting jak hammers or the montecs.

I have found with the Matrix it makes little difference whether the netting is down or not for deer, they are still suspicious of the new object in the area. I have been leaving the netting up and haven't had a problem killing does out of it. My son can see better without the netting as well. Just some things to think about. If you are worried about the opening take some zip ties and grab handfuls of grass and drape it down from the top of the blind to break up the black void of your shooting window.

I tried one time on a bet with a buddy! I had a spitfire, not a jakhammer, and I had poor results, ending with a BADLY ripped blind net, and a broken arrow! And a nice doe, who was freaked out, but had no clue what had just happened. After the shock and then extreme amounts of laughter, I am guessing I didn't see her again that year!

My advice, try it first.

I did a test shooting Spitfires through the netting a few years back. I put up a blank piece of paper for each shot so I could see if the blades were open on impact.

I found that at least one blade was open on impact every time. None hit the center and some were off several inches at 20 yards. No consistancy on where they hit.
confused.gif
I shot some muzzy's with only a slightly different impact but not still not perfectly consistant. I have not tried any expandable heads that use the O ring so I can't comment on the Jackhammers. If someone gets the time to test them let me know, I'm shooting them this year!

No problem, like I said they will go through without opening but just a mental deal for me... But then again what isn't...
grin.gif

Top Bottom