Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jake on a Stick

JakeWym

Arrow Chucker
Having seen some videos of people using the "Fan Trick", I knew that I had to give it a real try this year. I took a jake fan and mounted it to an old arrow, and a friend made me a stabilizer mount so that I could attach it to my bow. I made it out late last night and was surprised to run into birds a mere 80 yards off the road. I sat down, made a few yelps, and within minutes had a hen run straight to my half decoy and stop 8 yards away. As I sat and watched her through my jake fan, I saw the fan of a nice tom heading my way. As soon as he saw the decoy on the end of my stabilizer, he came out of strut and charged right in. He stopped at about 12 yards and went right back into full strut. I was able to come to full draw as he stood there in full strut, and I let it fly. The shot was too far back (long story) and the chase was on. I was able to follow blood and recovered him about 400 yards later almost to the bottom of a steep ravine. One of the coolest hunts I have ever had. Not a monster, but I could not be happier.
Beard-10" Spurs-1" 22.2 lbs. Score=62.125
2b06c95833d6d5af7f281fbbe14172c0_zps9da6d5ac.jpg

52b2226e51319a2ee1d4505431149843_zpsd25ea745.jpg

rotund_zpsceb76f81.png

Last edited:
Now that is awesome 12yds, face to face with a long beard separated by a fan, very cool stuff. Congrats buddy.

kratz

Good stuff, love the print out of the turkey head! :D

All that's left I think is for someone to come up with a holographic deke!

Nice job Travis.

I have to try that.

Question I have is with the fan on the end of your bow how can you see your sights?

Top Bottom