Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jakes????

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Cooter

Been doing some scouting last couple weekends. Have seen some nice long beards but no jakes. Been like this the last few years.

Just wandering if anyone is seeing any? Only seen three total last year and they were all together.

-}}}---------->

we had 15 on one farm and 12 on another last year... now none to be seen and the farm that had the 15 has 1 gobbler on it and it usually has 12-16 on it every year... not sure what the deal is but its looking like we might be having to head elsewhere for turkey season

I rarely see jakes any more. Very strange. One farm I hunted last year had a group of 7. I know one got killed but believe the other 6 made it. We will see i guess.

I haven't seen many either until I got this picture. Looks like first 3 are jakes.

p_0483631.jpg

We've seen a bigggggg drop in turkey #s that past few years. That includes jakes obviously. Predator #s are up and nesting cover is going away every time someone turns the key of those dang bulldozers...

I had a group of 4 in my front yard last night, but, I will agree that I haven't been seeing as many over the last couple of years....or so it seems. I know turkey #s are down in my area for sure.

I guess I was expecting some rebound this year and would see more jakes.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Went on a road survey of my hunting grounds this morning. This is over probably about 1000 acres that I can see from the road and or pull in field accesses and glass. I counted 35 strutters total, around 150 hens, and 7-8 jakes total. These numbers are way down from years past. Now I know I didn't see everything, because some of the flocks were headed back for cover about 8:45 and I just can't see everything from the road. But numbers are way down in total of what I saw last year about this same time.

Last edited:
Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom