Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jan 5th Muzzle loader Buck

Scott

Heres the buck I took with my muzzle loader this year. I shot him as he chased a doe outside of a small field of standing corn. It was some of the most miserable deer hunting conditions I have ever sat in. I guess I should say layed in. My brother and I layed on our stomachs with white snow camo from head to toe because there wasnt any cover near the corn. He was there to video tape but ended up being used for a gun rest because I was so cold and couldnt hold the gun steady. I had to lay across his back to make the shot. The plan worked but man was it cold. He grosses 170 and nets 163.
786fred4-med.jpg

Congratulations on a nice buck.... I am not trying to be a smart a##, but unless I am badly mistaken... hunter orange is required during all firearm seasons
confused.gif

great buck ScottIC. i thought you were going to use a reclininc lawn chair and wrap in a white sheet likein that other post?? congrats anyawy, that was a great way to ambush a buck!!

cornfed - orange is required, a big fat vest of it in fact. if you look at my harvest photo with the smokepole i didn't have any on either...at least not for the photo. that bright orange takes away from the photo and i assume that Scott had the same idea as me. wear to kill and off for the photo.

I was just going by what was said "... with white snow camo from head to toe"... not the photo... not trying to create anything, just curious if he was really hunting in total snow camo?

Thanks for the congrats guys.

Muddy, I was gonna use the lawn chair but figured this would give me a more concealed approach. I didnt get the eight point I talked about earlier, but you cant complain about him. The eight point will have to wait till next year.

I guess I have to clarify what I wore. I had my orange vest and hat on over my full body snow camo suit. I didnt think I was on trial.

That's a dandy buck, congrats! You gain my praise for toughing out late season, we don't have one but I know how hard the deer are to find at this time of year....and the cold.....yuck!!

Great buck bud!!Look's like a clean typical.I know what your talking about with the cold weather,me and a friend hunted late season muzzle loader in the winter of 2000 and man it was cold and snowy as hell,you could only stand about an hour of the cold and then you had to get back inside to warm up.

Bowman
Unfortunaltley we didnt get any footage this time. By the time the buck came in there wasnt much light left for the camera and the snow started coming in sideways.

Top Bottom