Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jasper County

doob02

PMA Member
Well it is official,
The fiance' and I purchased a home in Monroe. I graduate from ISU in may and I start my job in May also. We had been house searching since January. We finally found a home between pella and des moines and we came to close on the deal last night. We also get married in June so alot is changing and coming together. I am looking forward to moving into the area and any hunters in the area PM me maybe we could meet up and hang out sometime.

there aint any deer or fish down there.....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Good luck and congrats on the new house!!!

"a lot is changing"...now there's an understatement.

You're moving to a nice area. Hope you didn't take a job with Pella Windows...you'll be laid off before you start. Meet up with gunrunr if you want to learn about bows and how to shoot, he's good people and has a great shop.

Hope everything goes well for you, being a homeowner and getting married will be a nice adjustment from the college lifestyle.

no I accepted a job with Vermeer Mfg. I interned with them last spring and summer and was offered a job upon completion. So I graduate in may and start my job then also. Starting to get excited.

Welcome to the area! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
There's plenty of hunting and fishing opportunities around your area thanks to Red Rock and the DesMoines and Skunk River, all right close to you.
Since you're working at Vermeer you might want to check out my Winter Leagues next year, I have been running one night with all Vermeer guys the last few years.
Give me a call or stop by the shop sometime and I can fill you in on what we have going on around here. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

That sounds great I drove by your shop one day when I was down in the area looking for houses. I will be down in the area on wednesday for a couple meetings at vermeer. I may stop in, in the afternoon if I have time I am not sure what all I have to get done that day yet.

but either way thanks for the invite and the info. I will get in touch with you sometime either way.

There is good hunting to be found in Jasper County if you can find the right property, there lies the challenge. There str far more people than hsbitat / cover in Jasper and finding a quality place that is not heavily hunted or heavily protected is quite challenging. I have lived in Jasper County my whole life and only found a quality spot in the past few years.

As gunrunr stated, south of you in Marion County (the Red Rock area) is where I would probably look. I beleive that this is one of the biggest public hunting areas in the state and if your willing to hike, you will be all by yourself. Not to mention the bennifit of having a great bow shop in the area.

Good Luck!

Look up Pastor Jack at the Baptist church on the south side of town... he's a serious outdoorsman and would be willing to talk about the hunting in the area. Really nice guy.

I though we put a cap on Cyclones in Monroe? Welcome to town. I'll shoot you a PM and we can get together sometime. Lots to see and do in this area but the hunting and fishing sucks. All the rest of you guys stay away!!! =)

We also have a local bow club, Hickory Ridge Bowhunters.There is an outdoor range on the north side of Lake Red Rock.
http://www.hickoryridge3d.com
Dues are $40 per year and include membership in the IBA and entry in our big buck contest.
Boyd at Buck Hollow Sports is the Treasurer and can fix you up with a membership.
Welcome to the area.

Haven't posted an update for awhile. We closed on the house on the 30th of april. I officially graduate on saturday from ISU. Finally... Anyway we are moving all of our stuff on Wednesday the 14th of may. I am not sure when I will be down in the area completely I am helping my dad on the farm when possible. I am however ready to get down there and try to meet up with a few of you guys when I get down there. I have my bachelor party on the 17th and then officially join the real world with my job on the 19th. Then last but not least I take the plunge and get married on the 7th of june. That should be all in a nutshell. Can't wait to get down to Monroe I will be without internet after this weekend for awhile until I get it all hooked up.

another Update... I have finally gotten settled in and with the weather finally getting cooler it sure is starting to feel like hunting season. Just thought I would say hello to all of those in the Monroe area and maybe we could have a chat sometime and discuss hunting strategies and possible shoot together sometime. just shoot me a pm if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom