Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jefferson County HOG

Shoot2Kill

Just got an email about a buck named the Lockridge Monster shot by a woman in Jefferson County - anyone seen it or know anything about it? I hate posting other peoples bucks that I know nothing about, but this thing is absolutely REDICULOUS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">email that sucker to me

[email protected] </div></div>

Done...can't believe nobody else has commented on this thing...someone give me the go ahead to post it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Here is the newspaper article about this "monster" that google comes up, maybe not the same creature.....

OBSERVED: Newspaper article : Milwaukee Sentinel, October 28, 1975

IOWA BEAR-LIKE CREATURE NOTHING TO MONKEY WITH

Lockridge, Iowa (AP) - Skeptics call it "The Lockridge Monster", but the bear-like creature with a monkey face reportedly seen in this turkey farming community is no laughing matter.

"If someone's playing a joke, they're sure liable to get shot," said Mrs. Gloria Olson, a farm wife who says he saw the mysterious animal.

Stories about a "four legged, black haired thing in the cornfield" began circulating after Herb Peiffer saw it in his tractor lights while driving to his turkey pens. At first, Peiffer was reluctant to discuss it with his family. "He thought we would would make fun of him," Mrs. Peiffer said.

Lowell Adkins, a hunter, later found 10 inch tracks near the carcasses of four partially eaten turkeys. Some think the tracks were a bear's, possibly a black bear from northern Wisconsin or Michigan.

But no one in Jefferson County recalls ever seeing a bear in the area and until the mystery is solved, some parents aren't letting their children go outside after sundown.

"It was just before dark and I was driving past an old deserted farmyard when I saw it," Mrs. Olson said. "To me, it looked like it had a monkey's face and kind of had hair all over.

Don't think we're talking about the same critter there Wash40. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I've been burned before posting other peoples pics, but a very ugly bird informed me that they have made it onto another site already so what the heck. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The name is in the email I got but I'll leave it out...."she" - (the one in camo) killed the Lockridge Monster which people knew about for a long time - and that it was taken in Jefferson County, that's all it said.

To the owner of this buck if you see this - CONGRATS! HOLY HOG!!!!

Hattie_12-18-080005.JPG

Looks legit to me - huge buck, iowa machine shed, and Busch Light cans on the floor. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Hattie_12-18-080003.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot2Kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but a very ugly bird informed me that they have made it onto another site </div></div>

Where do you live again???

I was also just informed that this buck was already posted on here like 2 days ago.......dangit! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Oh well...I missed it then so maybe some of you did to. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot2Kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but a very ugly bird informed me that they have made it onto another site </div></div>

Where do you live again??? </div></div>

Errr??? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

As I tell anyone that THA4 is angry at... just throw a quarter pounder on the ground as he charges. He'll love you long time.

Thats funny it wasnt shot any where near lockridge, This buck has a lot of history with the land owners and it great one of them got a crack at it, and that some dirt bag didnt hipo it from the road. Its a giant, indeed the pics do no justice for it. I would axe the lockridge giant name and their are no big deer in Jefferson county.

BIG TOAD!!!

I think I'd throw up if I ever found a big shed all chewed up like that, in fact I know I would.

Kaare the shed on the left is actually not chewed up. The pics off this deer in velvet that year showed the left side turn black and seem to rot off. It was weird, must of had an injury to of some sort. It was cool the land owner had pics that documented it. It was on the protection list last year. As for this year the pics speak for themselves. The land owner actually passed this deer last year due to the left side. Its funny his neice winds up shooting it.

Thanks for the heads up on the left side, right side still looks upchuckable. I'd go mental with the tree rats down there.

Top Bottom