Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jerky Recipes?

doublerack

I'm mainly looking for a good "peppered" type of jerky recipe, but was also wondering if anyone had any good recipes in general for me to try. I want to make 3 or 4 batches in the dehydrator this weekend. I plan on a teryaki style, a peppered style, a "hot" style and maybe something else creative. Any suggestions?
Please post your recipe!

I make mine using 3-lbs of ground deer. I use the Hi-Mountain Mesquite mix, and add the following for a little kick: 3 teaspoon of black pepper, 2 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning, and 1 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. You can boost the cayenne a 'little', but it will spice up fast. I like this mix because you can feel the spice after eating it, but it doesn't burn up your mouth. Mix it in real well so you don't end up with any hot spots and dead spots. If you make a lot of jerky, get a larger jerky gun, like the Blaster that Cabelas sells. Kinda nice because it has a double-barrel attatchment that makes two strips at once.

Here's how I've been doing mine for a long time. Marinate meat in soy sauce and pepper overnight and dehydrate.
Good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamoMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I use the Hi-Mountain Mesquite mix </div></div>

Hi-Mountain has a variety of kits for sale at the local HyVee. I like the pepper mix or the hickory. I usually take some to work and it is gone in sixty seconds.

Here's what you need. This is simple and tastes great! It is super with beef and deer. Used it last spring for the first time and made turkey jerky. Same results.

10 lbs meat
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp salt
6 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
6 tsp Accent
1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke

Mix together. Should have the consistancy of wet sand. Layer the meat and sprinkle as you go. Refidgerate for a couple of days mixing or rotating the meat.

Top Bottom