Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jerky

JNRBRONC

Santa brought me two Hi Mountain jerky kits.

One was their Inferno blend kit and the other was a sampler pack that includes these varieties: Original blend, Cracked pepper 'n Garlic, Cajun Blend, Mesquite Blend, and Hickory Blend.

I've been a fan of their Pepper Blend in the past.

Tonight I sliced up a loin :eek: and dusted it with the Inferno Blend spices. Targeting Sunday to stick wooden toothpicks through the slices to hang them from the racks in my Brinkman smoker. I plan on walking out to a hickory tree and getting some wood to smoke/dry the jerky.

I plan on taking some to work, I'll let you know the response. :D

The inferno blend really is hot. I actually like mixing a little bit in with another flavor. My favorite is by far the Cracked Pepper'n Garlic. The best jerky you'll ever have.

I just did a bunch in my smoker. The smoker directions on the hi mountain packages will not be nearly long enough in my opinion. I ended up going 9 hours at about 190° in mine. These were about 1/4" slices. I had smoke on for the first three hours and then just heat. More smoke would have been almost too much.

I use bulk curing salt Morton's tender quick a Cajun seasoning from cabelas a little liquid smoke and any other spices I find in kitchen that sound good then my secret weapon a little scorpion pepper dust. Everyone I have let try it says its wicked good

I've tried all the Hi-Mountain kits except the Inferno.

My favorites are Cracked Pepper & Garlic, and also Pepperoni.

None of them are terrible...and I actually need to head up to Bass Pro and load up again!

Top Bottom