Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jimmy Houston

There was a online petition on the Mathews website you can sign. That will be sent to ESPN, Outdoor channel, ETC. I believe it was also posted on Archery Talk!

First I had heard of this story. That's a bad situation. I would suggest a lot of caution before dragging in other hunters' names. Once something is said, it is very difficult, if not impossible to undo it. Be real sure of your target before firing.

I'd quit hunting before I do a fenced game hunt. Yep nothing like selling out a sport for cash Jimmy
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I would suggest a lot of caution before dragging in other hunters' names. Once something is said, it is very difficult, if not impossible to undo it. Be real sure of your target before firing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Camoman.

He can catch fish though......no fences there. He really is a fun guy to be around. Take your hunting shows with a grain of salt. We all know how hard real hunters work.

Fishing could be considered High fenced too
blush.gif
They aren't gonna jump out of the lake and walk away
grin.gif
grin.gif

Spoken like a true Oklahoman.He gets caught red handed doing something terribly inhumane and you still think he's a fun guy to be around.

That footage is pathetic and Jimmy Houston is pathetic. The little dwarf needs his butt kicked.
mad.gif

I wasn't going to make a comment on this issue, but here it goes.....

After viewing the video and reading serveral articles, it sickens me to think of the overall effect which these type of "events" have on the general public and their view of deer hunting.

I'm not so concerned about how it will effect the hunting opportunities in my life time, it's the elimination of hunting opportunities for my children and future generations.

It's all about responsibility and respect for what we love. When a media personality-"professional", crosses the line for financial gain, it not only gives the hunting community a black eye, but also paves a rough road for future gernerations of hunters to travel.

My praise goes out to those that are "doing it right", and for those of you that are not,...well, lets just say I hope you burn in h...
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
FAIR CHASE STATEMENT
FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals.

HUNTER ETHICS
Fundamental to all hunting is the concept of conservation of natural resources. Hunting in today's world involves the regulated harvest of individual animals in a manner that conserves, protects, and perpetuates the hunted population. The hunter engages in a one-to-one relationship with the quarry and his or her hunting should be guided by a hierarchy of ethics related to hunting, which includes the following tenets:

1. Obey all applicable laws and regulations.

2. Respect the customs of the locale where the hunting occurs.

3. Exercise a personal code of behavior that reflects favorably on your abilities and sensibilities as a hunter.

4. Attain and maintain the skills necessary to make the kill as certain and quick as possible.

5. Behave in a way that will bring no dishonor to either the hunter, the hunted, or the environment.

6. Recognize that these tenets are intended to enhance the hunter's experience of the relationship between predator and prey, which is one of the most fundamental relationships of humans and their environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mean to really take this one off course a bit, but....Double Lung, dude you had me rolling!!!! I haven't heard the term Choad in AGES!! LOL

Ok...back at it boys.

All I can say is, 3 acres or 1400 acres, it is all the same. IT IS A HIGH FENCE PEN. The deer still can not get away from you no matter how hard they try.

I also have seen Jimmy fishing some 3-4 acre farm ponds as well.

Don't tell...... me he uses some sort of electrical shocking device to fish those and try to make it look fair chase OLETOM....
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Shredder didn't you see that fishing episode where Jimmy had the old crank telephone sitting in the hull of the boat.
busted.gif

Ive looked over this post for awhile since, seeing I never liked that fake snoby attitude of his but since ive seen his name on about every forum I thought i better read what everyone was saying about him. I agree he is a moron and if he did what is said to have been done he deserves everything that gonna happen. As for the Drurys, I have the most respect for them and the rest of thier staff. Kinda a low blow to throw thier name into this heep.

Finally saw the video's today at work. My home PC is to slow to show them. Man that was just disgusting!!! I have a coonhunting video from 15 years ago with Jimmy Houston in it. He was such a dumb a$$ in it then that I have never cared for the guy. But to see him and those other idiots especially the guy shooting the deer with the blunt arrow there is just not enough words to say at how stupid they are! It's just disgusting!!!

Top Bottom