Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

JOE MEDER FORM QUESTION

kstur

PMA Member
THANKS TO SHOVELBUCKS HELP,I RECENTLY FINISHED SOME REPAIRS ON A SET OF ANTLERS I FOUND WHEN I WAS A KID.ITS AN 8 PT.,24" INSIDE SPREAD WITH A DROP ON EACH SIDE.I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE A MOUNT DONE WITH THEM BUT NEVER HAD THE EXTRA MONEY TO DO IT.I'M FINALLY ABLE TO DO IT AND I'M TRYING TO DECIDE ON WHAT FORM I WANT TO USE.I REALLY LIKE THE FULL SNEAK FORM THAT JOE MEDER PUTS OUT.I'M CURIOUS HOW A FULL SNEAK WILL LOOK WITH ANTLERS THAT WIDE.HAS ANYONE USED THIS FORM AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION,LIKE OR DISLIKES?

The taxidermist I use normally recomends the full sneek for wide low racks or droptines and yours seems to fit into both of those catagories. I just had one done on that form last season and really like it.

Not quite 24 but this should give you an idea of how it would look. This is a Meder mount, full sneak, sweep right.

2604Frnt-med.jpg

Pretty much complete opposite of Limbs. Meder form, Full sneak, sweep left.

It looks PHENOMENAL!

411Resize-med.JPG

411Resize2-med.JPG

How about we see these sheds, then we can get a more accurate idea of what you are looking at.
grin.gif

THE ANTLERS I AM TALKING ABOUT ARE NOT SHEDS,THE SKULL PLATE IS SOLID.THE INSIDE SPREAD IS NOT AN ESTIMATE, IT IS AN ACCURATE MEASUREMENT.HOPEFULLY THE MOUNT WILL BE COMPLETE IN A FEW WEEKS AND IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW, I WILL POST A PICTURE.

This is a wide drop tine buck I killed and it is on a Joe Meder full sneak. Those forms seem to best represent the deer in my area.
2026droptinesneakmount-med.JPG

Here is a nother one of mine that is on a Meder sneak mount. As you can tell I really like that form!

2026boonersneakmount-med.JPG

kstr,
I have Joe do all my mounts. He is without a doubt the best. I have one in the full sneak and they look great, BUT, just something to think about and THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION......I think the one that I had done in full sneak show so much of the shoulder that it takes your eyes away from the rack somewhat. I personally prefer the alert mounts myself because they seem to draw your eyes directly to the rack. I am sure you will be more than happy no matter what you decide. Just wanted to give you a thought.

Top Bottom