Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Johnny "Bones" Jones

wtj43089

I dont know how many of you follow MMA but I would like to know what you guys think about him. This kid is a stud and I just cant wrap my head around how he totally dominated Shogun tonight. Off the top of my head I cant think of another champion get that dominated ever. What do you do with a guy like that? I would compare him with Anderson Silva but with a lot stronger wrestling.

He is a stud. I think a lot has to do with him being a freak athletically. He's got really long arms and is super strong. He's really unpredictable on his feet too. Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't see the fight, but did hear about it.
As far as comparing him to Silva, he is a better wrestler, but AS didn't grow up wrestling. Silva I think gets way underestimated on the ground because he's made so many guys look silly standing up. He is a blackbelt under the Nogueira brothers and has submitted several guys so he is legit on the ground. The Sonnen submission was some high level BJJ.
That being said Jones seems like the real deal, and has really been dominating guys. He's really exciting to watch.

The scariest part about him is his age (23). He's got a lot of years left to fight, take it he doesn't get any serious injury's.

Anderson Silva is fighting at 205, and I would be willing to bet that we will see these 2 face off pretty soon.

I thought that was a great fight...great for Jones I guess. They will give Rashad a shot next and I think Rashad will beat him. I would like to see them put The Dragon Machita up against Jones. Rua beat Machita but I think Jones and Machita's fighting style would make a great match up.

And the best part....he's got Iowa ties. He actually went to Iowa Central a few years back and won a national championship. Oh, and he's apparently a heck of a nice guy. I've been following him when I can catch his fights and they've always got something great to say about him, plus chasing down some low life thief hours before your title fight is pretty sweet

I thought that was a great fight...great for Jones I guess. They will give Rashad a shot next and I think Rashad will beat him. I would like to see them put The Dragon Machita up against Jones. Rua beat Machita but I think Jones and Machita's fighting style would make a great match up.

I don't think Rashad has a blue chance in haties against Jones. Jones is a better wrestler, much better striker, there is nothing that Rashad can do to put Jones in a bad spot. Plus, that reach of Jones, 84.5 inches!! Seriously, who else has that kind of reach.

Machita would be interesting though. His fighting style would definitely clash with Jones's.

He is a stud. The longest reach in MMA history. He would need a bow with a 34" draw! Im looking forward to a Jones vs Silva match.

Rashad has a chance if he hits jones with a haymaker like he caught liddel with, other than that he gets dominated. No one has tested Jones chin, so he might catch him with something.

Machita would be done in the first round, jones is the best wrestler in that division and Machita's weakness has been exposed, get him on the ground and the fight is over.

I don't see anyone beating Jones for along time (unless Anderson Silva steps up to 205 for another fight).

Jonny Bones Jones is one bad dude, has the potential to be one of the best if not the best pound for pound ever.

Kratz

Rashad has a chance if he hits jones with a haymaker like he caught liddel with, other than that he gets dominated. No one has tested Jones chin, so he might catch him with something.

Machita would be done in the first round, jones is the best wrestler in that division and Machita's weakness has been exposed, get him on the ground and the fight is over.

I don't see anyone beating Jones for along time (unless Anderson Silva steps up to 205 for another fight).

Jonny Bones Jones is one bad dude, has the potential to be one of the best if not the best pound for pound ever.

Kratz

Silva is 205 right now, but he has to keep fighting title fights at 185. Other than that, he is fighting at 205.

He is a bad dude for sure, but the 205 division is a pretty stacked division, so he'll have some good match ups coming to him.

Machida would still give him a good fight in my opinion.

I dont think there is anyone in the light heavyweight division who can beat Jones. This is going to be a very bad match up for Rashad. The only Advatage Rashad has for beating Jones that all the others dont is Rashad knows Jones because they train together. Given how random Jones is, that is not going to help Evans very much. Jones is a better Wrestler, Jones is a lot bigger (body size), Jones is longer, and I would say their striking is at a similar level. The only person I see giving Jones a fight is Anderson Silva and Im not even sure if could be Jones. Its going to be awhile because if GSP beats Shields there is already talk about a GSP vs Silva fight. As for Machida vs Jones I think Jones would dominate. Its a fact that the hole in Machidas game is the take down and ground and pound. I wouldnt be suprised if Machida loses his next fight if he is out of the UFC.

Jones is likely the most naturally talented fighter we have seen in the UFC and given his age he will only improve. I wonder though how long he will be able to fight at 205. He's young and growing and just plain huge for the division. Jones and Shogun looked like fighters from two completely different weight divisions. I don't see Rashad providing much of a challenge for Jones but Machita's counter striking style might be an interesting match up for Jones' aggressive style.

I think what was most impressive with Jones in the Shogun fight was the level of patience that he showed. He seemed to have the clear head of a 10-15 year veteran of the sport. He might just be sitting at the top for a while. He's classy so I'm good with that!:way:

Jones is likely the most naturally talented fighter we have seen in the UFC and given his age he will only improve. I wonder though how long he will be able to fight at 205. He's young and growing and just plain huge for the division.

He will be included in the talks about best P4P with Silva and GSP with a few more dominant performances like that!!

Anderson Silva has the best chance and not sure he can pull it off. Evans will get destroyed unless he has Jones figured out from training with him, he will know the counter measures to take but not sure he can stop them. As for Machida, I think Jones will handle him easier than He handled Rua.

This being said, anyone can get caught and fights over.

Anderson Silva has no chance. Bones is a much, much bigger man than Anderson. It wouldn't even be a fight imo. Sonnen showed how to beat up Silva and Bones would do a better job at it than Sonnen.

Top Bottom