Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Joined the brotherhood today....

Deer&Ducks

PMA Member
....of guys that have gotten to their tree only to mutter 'Emm effer' as it slowly dawns on them that their stand has been stolen. Not good times. Whoever took it left 3 screw-in steps & 1 strap step that I was able to recover but that was it. It was a hang-on stand and my name, Russ Powers, was on the bottom. This is a property just South of Ames along the Skunk that I've hunted for 5 years now with no problems other than the occasional dog chasing deer. I guess everything gets a lock from now on.....

That Sucks. Been there. Had a crappy home made stand on private ground for 3 years bordered by public ground, replaced it finally with a nice boughten one, and it was taken early in November. That was 3 years ago, have been locking everything since.

I had a stand stolen.It must have been coon hunters.I sat the stand till dark and went back the next morning before light and it was gone.I lock everything now.Also I use a lot of strap on steps and take them out.If they want to steal my stands from now on they have to at least bring their own steps.LOL

I have a question. I did an internship in high school about five years ago with a park ranger or maintnence guy i called him. well in his shop at the park he had about ten of fifteen tree stands and i was asking him about them and he said half of them were ones he took out of the park. He told me that when the season ends in december its legal to take the stands if you leave a note of where they were and who had them and if the person had so long to claim them. i thought that it was kind of fishy i mean if you left a note by a stand i had and it said where it would you can bet you a** i would go get it.

The DNR tells you when you can put up the stand I think it was one week before the season and one week after the season ends. No permanent screw in steps can be used and so forth. It is all in the DNR hunting regulations. The season doesn't end in November it ends in January.

I had a homemade stand stolen once when I was a youngster. I made the platform supports way to weak but it was evidently enough to hold my 165 pounds back at that time. I'm guessing whoever got ahold of that one had some bad karma in the form of a freefall. :drink1:

Hate to hear that...that is a real
nutkick.gif

I have lost several stand over the years, i have lost count. I went to one of my stands once and apparently just missed the culprit he took the camera stand and was working on the shooter stand. apparently he saw me coming. I found his boot tracks where he ran down the creek to the highway and when i got to the road he was driving off. Oh how i wished i could have caught him. I would love to shoot a stand thief in the arse with the rubber bludgen tip. I hate thiefs. Oh and poachers.

Cyclone fan did it.

There all no good.

Seriously, I feel your pain. Nothing like feeling so violated as having something like that stolen.

went to one of my stands last week and some one had stolen the steps! They did not get the stand because it was locked, still ticks me of.

Humanity just totally redeemed itself! I stopped by the landowner's house after hunting a different stand this evening and told his wife what had happened since he was out working up a field. I got a call about an hour later when he came in for supper and after hearing what had happened he volunteered that he had 2 stands in his shed that had been found on his property in years past and I could have them if I wanted them. The universe sure has a way of righting itself.....

Top Bottom