Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jordan's First Buck

SaskGuy

I stopped by my neighbour's yesterday to see how he's making out hunting. His grandson Jordan was there trying for his first buck. He asked if I'd help them try and get one so we jumped in his truck and went into one of his logged off areas. Bucks were running around looking for does, about 1/2 mile from his house we saw a monster buck running through the cut with his nose on the ground, too far for a shot. A little while later we found this guy bugging a couple of does, I told Jordan to take a knee and shoot if he came across the little shooting lane he had. The buck came through heading for the heavy spruce and jordan dropped him in his tracks with his .243 at 100 yards. He's not the biggest buck in the world but he's Jordan's first and he was a proud little boy. His Grandpa was about 100 times more proud. That's the first time I've been able to help get a kid a buck and it sure felt good.
1122jordan.JPG

kaare, you are the luckiest person i know. to be able to hunt bucks who carry the kind of body weight this thing is carrying, i envy you!

hell that's probably a 160 class 8 point, when you stick a 160 class rack on an 840 pound whitetail the rack is bound to look like a 100 class.
grin.gif

what was dressed weight kaare? a true pig, the boy should be proud.

Size does not matter when it is your first buck....great hunt and congrats on your first Guided kid hunt.

What a first buck.Tell him I wish I could take one like that every year and I'v been hunting deer for 19 year's.
WAY TO GO Jordan!
applause.gif

Congrats to the youngster, that's a nice first buck.
waytogo.gif

Saskguy, how does it feel to be someones hero now?
grin.gif

Ya done good, Saskguy . . real good.
Pass on my congrats to Jordan. I love it when people take time to make kids feel 100 feet tall.

Top Bottom