Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Josh smacks #2.

What a morning. Since this was the only day Josh was going to get to hunt. I excused him from school and we were going to hunt
regardless of the weather. Wind was blowin to hard to set out the blind or the decoys. We sat down under a big oak and I tried
to keep things positive for him. I could tell he was a little discouraged. Once daylight hit, I did a few tree yelps, not expecting to hear a thing due to the wind. To my surprise I heard a faint gobble. Then nothing. To shorten it up, 8 hens step out with this boy following and they are comming our way! Josh holds up his end of the deal and we are done at 6:48 am. A 1 hour hunt that will be remembered forever. Good luck to the rest of you.

100_0834.JPG

10" beard 3/4" spurs
100_0836.JPG

Thats great guys! Congrats on making a gloomy weather day a little sunny! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Most likely one of the first birds killed in the state this year! Congrats Josh! Great bird!

I was just whining that I bought a tag for my daughter and the weather was looking lousy for the whole weekend. You have now motivated me to take her out after work. Congrats to the both of you!

Great job Guy's. Glad to hear you had some luck in this weather. I'm heading out with my daughter tomorrow morning for her first hunt.

Top Bottom