Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

JUNIOR gets drafted!!!

Thank you guys so much, it means a lot! I will play rookie ball and work my way up! Might stay in phoenix or go to Montana, depends on the rookie ball team I get put on! This is going to be fun!

Junior--I've always wondered how does that work with the MLB draft. You have to complete what 2 or 3 years in college before they can draft you, or they can take you out of high school??

What is the rule on that?

Junior--I've always wondered how does that work with the MLB draft. You have to complete what 2 or 3 years in college before they can draft you, or they can take you out of high school??

Can take ya right outta high school as I believe they did to Junior.

Man live it up and bust your butt...could provide you with a living most can only dream about, as well as opportunities to do things in the future ( like purchase land). Amazing man. Had a good friend that was drafted straight from high school and ended up making an all star team. I think he retired at like 33. Pretty good life ;)

First off, Congrats on the selection and getting to fulfill a dream that so many have as a young kid but don't get to do. Do your best, good things will happen for you!

To answer the question above, you can be drafted right out of High School. If you choose to go to a Junior College, you can be drafted after your 1st or 2nd year there. If you choose to go to a 4 year school, you are not eligible to be drafted until after your 3rd year of school. An amazing accomplishment no matter when or what round it happens in when you consider there are only 750 men on roster at the MLB level.

Last edited:
Congrats! Keep your arm healthy and enjoy the ride! I think you may be atleast the second IW member to go to the MLB. Gladiator spent some time there.

Chris, Congratulations and best of luck. I've had the privilege of watching you play over the last couple years. My cousin graduated with you. Best of Luck and remember don't ever forget the people that got you there. Cherish the ride. Go Warriors.

I'm curious how it worked with being in the middle of your senior year season at HS? I'm surprised they just pluck you right out of the season like that.

I'm curious how it worked with being in the middle of your senior year season at HS? I'm surprised they just pluck you right out of the season like that.

Iowa is the only state where the season is still in-flight. Else it's pretty much like getting drafted right after your senior season ends.

I was on the fence on playing in the NFL or NBA but with all the travel I just decided to be a Walmart Greeter instead.
Well done man, that's awesome I hope u get plenty of time for hunting. Dream come true. Good luck!

Thank you Everyone! Yes I did get taken right out of my senior season. I ended my high school season with 13 innings pitched, gave up one hit and had 20-22 k's. Not a bad way to go out lol.

Top Bottom