Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Junior is back... Shot Nov - 7th

I'm guessing your arrow traveled above the spine on entry, and clipped the top part of one lung on the way out. Based off those pics. Some deer are more resilient to one lung shots than others. Looks like he's a toughy, regardless. Hope you get him!!

Reminds me of a buck dad shot mid-october last year, and he was certainly healthy and rutting when dad finished him off a month later. If I remember right the broadhead went between 2 vertebrae, put a small slice in the chest cavity without touching the lungs and lodged in the far shoulder. I'll see if he wants to add his 2 cents and maybe a video of the first shot, but from what I've seen that's usually a non-lethal shot unless you're lucky enough to sever the spinal cord. Hopefully we get an autopsy report in a couple weeks! :)

I did thiss last year. Very similar hit. 26 days later I finished the harvest. Just above and in front of the cavity. Right under the spine. My buck was still carrying about 8 inched of arrow and broadhead.

Top Bottom