Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

just a broadhead question

Split_G3
hey ya'll! i never really knew that this was a big issue among some hunters. i was just wondering how many blades you like on a broadhead and why? i have shot both the 3 and 4 blade broadheads and many different types and here is my take on it. i myself prefer a 4 blade over a 3 blade. i also like my 4 blades to have little notches on the edge so that when they do go in it's almost like they can get a bite on something so as not to kick the arrow out so quickly for those shots that did not pass through. i also like the 4 blade because i feel like my arrow flies more true almost like it gives it more spin! not really a big deal to me but i met some people last sunday at our weekly bow shoot that got real fistey over this conversation, the 4 bladers would get mad at the 3 bladers and vise-versa. i myself would really shoot either one but prefer the 4 blade over the 3 blade. just curious?
waytogo.gif

I shot Razor Back 5 my whole life and now that they stopped making rhem I shooot muzzy 4 blade 125 gr. no complaints yet...

I think the common trend and belief years ago was to align your blades with your fletchings for better arrow flight.If you shot 4 vanes use 4 blades and if you shot 3 vanes use 3 blades.But this myth has been proven wrong, you can still get good arrow flight with any combination,if tuned properly.So it's what ever works for you and gets the job done.But as far as an edge,I like a razor sharp broadhead.

I read an article a couple of years ago and it said that you shouldn't have to resight your bow for broadheads if it is properly tuned. I personally have never had that good fortune until now with my Outback. I put my 3 blade 100 grain Muzzy's on my arrows and they shot exactly as the field points do. I guess it's in tune for now but just give me some time and I'll have it all beat up and out of whack.
crazy.gif

Top Bottom