Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Just a thought.........

But who would be interested in a fishing get together in Central Iowa.... thought it would be fun to meet new faces and have a cold one and some BBQ!.... There could be a few prizes IW stuff, i don't know...just an idea for those who would wanna drive here.. plenty of lakes... Big Creek, Saylorville, Redrock..... just figured i would throw it out there.

I'd be in. I'll bring my bobbers and a box of worms and show you how to SLAY the bluegill /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the dates right i would be in. </div></div>

I'd be in as well, but would need a couch to crash on unless we camp somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the dates right i would be in. </div></div>

I'd be in as well, but would need a couch to crash on unless we camp somewhere. </div></div>

I'll hook yea up! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Sounds like we may be get'n somewhere with this! Awsome... Camping don't sound bad at all , there are a million places to toss up a tent, grill and cooler... If anyone has any specific lakes or areas they have wanted to try .. throw it out there , the more data the better... and dates when people are able to get away.

I think most people will have some free time in the summer. I like Red rock lake, 3 mile or 12 mile. Red Rock and 3 mile have the best camp grounds I think.

Red Rock would b great... there is great cliffs and sweet land structure everywhere.... it's like your up north when your there... not to mention the 19" crappies there.... Fish fry!

Doesnt matter to me where it's at ill be there. All i know is you better start keepin them walleye so when we have this shin-dig we can eat some quality fish. Hey 250 start another post with a sign-up sheet. See whos interested and go from there. Lets get-r-done before the 100 degree days start rollin in.

Did a little searching. Red Rock has a campground called "whitebreast". We can get a group camp. up to 12 sites.

Whitebreast Campground provides 128 camping spots, access to a boat ramp, swimming beach, an amphitheater, playgrounds, hiking trail, fish cleaning station, numerous picnic shelters and shower facilities.

Hey Muddy, is there good flathead fishing below the red rock dam in the des moines river?

If I tell my wife I'm going to "Whitebreast" and then come home smelling of fish, I'll be in BIG trouble!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Not sure about Flatheads below, but Channel Cats on the lake are awesome. Count me in, I think I'll have to fish from my jetski though, my boat's not quite ready /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I don't know how to catch fish unless I'm using electricity. I've never been on Red Rock, the bull or otherwise.

If I show up someone will have to catch my fish... unless we're using corn and doughballs, I can catch carp with the best of brothers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how to catch fish unless I'm using electricity. I've never been on Red Rock, the bull or otherwise.

If I show up someone will have to catch my fish... unless we're using corn and doughballs, I can catch carp with the best of brothers. </div></div>

We always need someone to bait hooks and be beer boy! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

yes there are some nice flatty's below the dam, i witnessed a guy pull a 45 lbs'er with a walleye rig tossin' a white jig....

huge fight! took over an hour....

I am going to vote for 3-Mile, as i really like that lake! and I cant make any June dates work.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

anyone for July 12-13???

Three mile would be great. But if your're planning on getting a cabin reserved, good luck. By this time of year they are already pretty much booked up.

Top Bottom