Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Just got back from Phoenix!

Bukslayr

What an awesome place. (No real good hunting though so I could never live there.)

I got a call about 6 months ago from my Best Friend that I grew up with here in Iowa. We have have been buds since we were in the 4th grade. About 4 years ago he moved to Phoenix to open up a Land Survey business. Unfortunatley we dont get to hang out like we used to. When ever he comes back up this way we usually go fishing or pheasant hunting together. We always have a great time hanging out and tossing back a few beers and talking about the things we used to do. Partying and Chasing the women mainly!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Well the call around six months ago was an invitation to be the best man in his wedding. He had just gotten back to Phoenix from Hawaii after proposing to her at sunset on Sunset Beach.
Pretty Classy Huh!!!

Well I was ecstatic and honored to be there for him on a very important day. He was the best man in my wedding 7 years ago.
We had a great time down there in Phoenix and I got to see a lot of people that I hadnt seen in years that have moved down to that area. I have one sentence that sums up the weather.

It was 80 degrees and sunny the whole time!!!

I hated to have to come back to this up and down weather here.
I thought I would share of few pictures with the rest of my family here on Iowa Whitetail. Enjoy!!!

Ken and I before the wedding.
kenjeremy.jpg

Todd Ken and I before the wedding.
Toddkenjeremy.jpg

The Scene of where the vows took place
Chairs.jpg

Wedding Party
weddingparty.jpg

The Cake (Anyone hungry????)
Cake.jpg

Ken and his Wife
kenlinda.jpg

The Fun Part
funpart.jpg

Congrats Ken!!
Best of Luck for many years to come!!!

Ken just needs to head up the hill about 120 miles to the best Elk Country in the world. Not to metion some great Mulie hunting in much of AZ. I have some buddies up north that would love to take him quail hunting, again some of the best quail hunting. I have checked it out quite a bit as I might end up in that area myself, plenty of hunting to hold a guy over and lots of big game, including black bears in the spring to go along with Merriams.

The wedding looked awesome, great setting, great weather. Tell your buddy congrats.

Kratz

hmmm.......go back and read jkratz's post. everytime you read the work "arizona", replace it with "new mexico".

sound familiar

sorry, dude

Hey Kratz and muddy,

You are very right. Ken and Todd both put in for Elk tags this year down there.

Think we have it bad here... Residents have to draw for an elk tag! That would suck!

Flagstaff & Prescott areas have some of the most beautiful scenery around not to mention all the great hunting. Then after hunting season head south to Phoenix for the Winter. Sounds like the plan for me when I get too old to handle Iowa Winters anymore.
Maggs
Bukslayr-the residents in New Mexico have to draw an elk tag also!

The great thing about Flagstaff is the friendliness of the natives if you get off the beaten path. They'd scalp you than just as soon as look at you. We were a little spooked while walking around that area.

Looks like you had a great time there. I actually live here in Chandler, Az. I graduated from ISU in December and got a full time job as an Construction Engineer in Colorado. I have been down here since mid january. Its been in the 80's and there talking by mid next week upper 80's. I have seen a lot of quail here on my job site. One of the electrtions has been putting in for Prong Horn tag for 14 years and hasnt gotton a tag yet. Black bear is the same deal. Great elk up north. I did get up there a few weeks back and seen some. Cows season is still open.

Top Bottom